Southerly Goes Rock Fishing 11/08

southerly

After the lack of big pigs two weeks ago I headed down to Nth Curl Curl this morning for another go. Stated fishing on day break, it was very quiet for the first half hour with not even a cocky on the bite. Just before sunrise a big school of black fish moved in and started chopping the bread on the surface. Caught 2 very healthly and fat blackfish going 39cm and 41cm, seemed to be heaps around.

A while later I caught a small silver drummer then a few undersized drummer. Had a few casts in another wash that often has big drummer (though the landing to hook-up ratio is low due to the cave you have to get your bait into to get a hook up)for zip.

So it was a repeat of two weeks ago, water was a bit clear due to the dead flat conditions all week, but thats just winging, it was a beautiful morning to be fishing. Not sure where the big drummer are though, this is the poorest season I can remember. Though I usually start to get them in May and this year I was using my fishing time to chase kings in the yak.

post-3697-1186790844_thumb.jpg

Southerly

Edited by southerly

well done on the pair of blackies there mate. shame the drummer arnt around for you at the moment but im sure they will appear, everything seems to be running behind at the moment just look at the lack of YFT caught also compared to other years. its the bloody weather patterns we are seeing at the moment that are to blame i believe.

hey well done on the blackies

me too i find this winter a bit slow on drummer

last week i at my usual ledge, couldn't catch any drummer

water was too clear and no washes

also, sweeps invasion!!!!

that's unusual

never seen sweeps there before

u guys know why sweeps invade some spots and not others?

hey well done on the blackies

me too i find this winter a bit slow on drummer

last week i at my usual ledge, couldn't catch any drummer

water was too clear and no washes

also, sweeps invasion!!!!

that's unusual

never seen sweeps there before

u guys know why sweeps invade some spots and not others?

No idea about the movement of sweep mate but I do know that once they get onto your burley trail its time to move! Taste like crap and they steal all your bait... :thumbdown: