Botany Bay Sunday Morning

thereddragon

Hi all,

Hit the ramp at 7:30, I went straight out to Moll Point, only to see that green boat from That DVD "A Day on the Bay" looked like there was about 6 people on it doing a fishing tour. Having seen them I left immediatley as I knew there was no fish to be had.

Anyway I then proceded to my fav spot for Trev's caught 12 up to 35cm and 6 yaks 1 slimmy which I put on two 6/0s and threw down to no avail.

post-3830-1186915389_thumb.jpg

post-3830-1186915411_thumb.jpg

post-3830-1186915606_thumb.jpg

Here are the pictures of fish, could'nt be bothered to wash my hands and get a ruler from inside of the house so I used my size 12 foot in the picture insted, I also took a few shots of my boat the red dragon.

post-3830-1186915304_thumb.jpg

post-3830-1186915444_thumb.jpg

Seen the coolest sight, It was a sandy brown sting ray about 2m in width chasing yakka's, I could'nt belive how fast it was swimming, it launched itself out of the water by at least 1meter, I looked at the boat next to me and asked if he seen that, he looked and said I heard a splash but did not see anything, then I looked down and seen the ray again hunting its prey, then It launched it self out of the water again, we looked on in amazement, to bad I didnt have a camera with me.

Well done on a top catch there dragon,

How was the bay today?

It was mill pond in the morning up until 8:30 then swell came in and gradually increased not very big though then at 10:00 windy and choppy, I was going to fish for Flathead and bream but did'nt feel like it once the wind picked up

Sounds like a great day out..mate the bay sure surprises for wildlfe.. I remember sitting there one day near Kurnell catching those pesky Snapper when an almighty splash about 5 metres woke me right up.. it was a huge seal chasing the Snapper on the end of my line :1prop: It's times like this you wish you had the camera on board eh

jeez thats unreal something you probably would only ever see once.

nice catch aswell there seems to be a few trevs about at thee moment

mate that ray was something I'll never forget, as long as I live it was only 5meters away from me and only just under the surface.

I got sick of catching trev's I caught these in just under an 2 hours, I pulled up anchor to hunt something else but the wind changed and I headed home.

It was mill pond in the morning up until 8:30 then swell came in and gradually increased not very big though then at 10:00 windy and choppy, I was going to fish for Flathead and bream but did'nt feel like it once the wind picked up

Yeah the bay can be very uncomfortable once the wind come up.

That is the advantage of an early start I suppose.

Once again well done on a good catch there.

Yeah the bay can be very uncomfortable once the wind come up.

That is the advantage of an early start I suppose.

Once again well done on a good catch there.

Yeah i have to start taking this advice... i hit the bay at 1 yesterday but the swell and the wind were too much. Shame the fishing in the georges isnt much better at this tyime of the year otherwise i would just stay in the river and fish.