The Yellowfin Are On Looking Good For Raiders Day

Ross Hunter

Finding yellowfin over the past couple of months has been like finding "Needles in Hay Stacks".

You can be lucky and throw a couple of pillys out and they come up straight away. On the other hand you can throw cartons of them and not get a bite.

We have not been targeting tuna whilst they have been fickle,instead travelling south and catching some pretty good snapper. See a great yarn onMy Webpage Look in recently posted story in Fishing Stories and Hints section Many great photos of some of the bigger fish .

Both Billfisher and Broadbill have had some really special trips on the reds for a couple of months now. Snapper to 6 kg are always crowd pleasers, much better than being a professional pilchard cuber, catching bugger all.

That is the philosophy we adopt on our boats to be versatile in our thoughts and use our accumulated knowledge to give our clients (the most important people in the world as without them we do not have a business) a satisfying day on Mother Ocean and catching fish is what it's all about.

Yesterday I headed to the snapper grounds to find the current had picked up to 1.5 knots and whilst we caught a mixed bag of great fish including snapper it was not up to our normal standard.

Glenn on Billfisher decided to go for a tuna fish He examined the satellite imagery and was fairly convinced they would be there.

He fished very wide on the edge of the isotherm with crew headed up by Brad Dolman. They had yellowfin up within 20 minutes and caught them over the next few hours. The fish ranged from 16kg to 22 kg . Well done to Billfisher and their crew…they had a ball and found them for us.

Looks good for our "Raiders" day next week .

Glenn is out today will report later how that ended up

post-2782-1187493374_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1187493419_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1187493490_thumb.jpg

Great catch of tuna there for billfisher,the fish are definately on very wide out,as a mate of mine went east

of browns on wednesday & also got amongst the fin, again around the 20kg mark,they got quite a few up in

the trail,lost a real good one that took a livey as well.Hopefully the yellowfin will start to fire soon & that

they will come in closer to browns so it gives the trailerboats a better chance to reach them,as the fish are

currently another 15 to 20km further out east from browns;that's a very long way out!

steve

Edited by nexus

If i rub my hands together any harder for next saturday im going to give myself blisters!!!!!

Keep rubbin my good man as the GENIE has come right up out of the bottle :yahoo:

Just had a call from Ross and Glen got more FIN today :thumbup: .

The fin wont know what hits em when all the RAIDERS get out there :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

From the looks of the SST satelites the good water is sitting just off the shelf wide of sydney. I fished Kiama canyons on the weekend with Yankee Doodle and Reel Game for zip on the troll and cube. Judging by the results the fleet consistent but small fin has arrived.

From the looks of the SST satelites the good water is sitting just off the shelf wide of sydney. I fished Kiama canyons on the weekend with Yankee Doodle and Reel Game for zip on the troll and cube. Judging by the results the fleet consistent but small fin has arrived.

Sammy

This water should hang in for a while and I do believe we will catch tuna right through Sept, Oct and maybe Nov.. Yes! they are smallish but one can only catch :1fishing1: what's there.

Ross

Sammy

This water should hang in for a while and I do believe we will catch tuna right through Sept, Oct and maybe Nov.. Yes! they are smallish but one can only catch :1fishing1: what's there.

Ross

Hey if i get on to anything bigger than strippy size ill be stoked!!!!!