Botany Bay Sunday Wet Wet And Windy

damariboyz

Hi all

Out of bed at 3.15am pull up at bait shop 4.00am closed :074: just as I suspected me and the bro in law were the only 2 dopes up that early. Lucky I bought a Squid along :yahoo: No-one at Cooks ramp so launched and shot off into the bay. Wet and windy and dark :074: loved it. Went for some Squiddies around Yarra bay for an hour zilch. Our plan for the day was to troll lures up and down the coast line for some speedsters but after half hour of gettin pounded we come back inside. Saw Broady and billfisher disappear of the coast in a rain storm and wished the boys good fishin. We picked up a nice Snapper at 46cm just off the Bare Island Bommie but that was all. Had a fish around the drums for a while nothing happening there.

Had a zoom around for half hour in the wind rain and chop :tease::074: what a lot of fun that was. I thought what the hell, not to many boats around no one to bother so had a blast got soaked to the bone :074::074: felt ten years younger. We saw a Seal hanging around the Red marker. The one near the Yellow marker at the Western end of Mol point.

I notice the green marker pole near Trevally alley has been replaced by a floating green buoy. Anyway early start cold wet windy day and loved every minute of it. Gee it's good to be an idiot every now and then.

Water temp on my sounder read 16 degrees throughout the bay.

Russ

Hi all

Out of bed at 3.15am pull up at bait shop 4.00am closed :074: just as I suspected me and the bro in law were the only 2 dopes up that early. Lucky I bought a Squid along :yahoo: No-one at Cooks ramp so launched and shot off into the bay. Wet and windy and dark :074: loved it. Went for some Squiddies around Yarra bay for an hour zilch. Our plan for the day was to troll lures up and down the coast line for some speedsters but after half hour of gettin pounded we come back inside. Saw Broady and billfisher disappear of the coast in a rain storm and wished the boys good fishin. We picked up a nice Snapper at 46cm just off the Bare Island Bommie but that was all. Had a fish around the drums for a while nothing happening there.

Had a zoom around for half hour in the wind rain and chop :tease: what a lot of fun that was. I thought what the hell, not to many boats around no one to bother so had a blast got soaked to the bone :074::074: felt ten years younger. We saw a Seal hanging around the Red marker. The one near the Yellow marker at the Western end of Mol point.

I notice the green marker pole near Trevally alley has been replaced by a floating green buoy. Anyway early start cold wet windy day and loved every minute of it. Gee it's good to be an idiot every now and then.

Russ

Yep well done, a terrific effort on a lousy day and plenty of up and go there boys :thumbup: But it is just the story of southerly fishing in Sydney at the moment even the tuna trawlers have gone off further north early and many are up near Coffs Harbour on the way as far north as Maroochydore.

A great true mariner effort anyway and you more or less said what the heck and that's tops in my book !!!!

cheers

From a jewgaffer with nothing :1fishing1: to do

Hi all

Had a zoom around for half hour in the wind rain and chop :tease::074: what a lot of fun that was. I thought what the hell, not to many boats around no one to bother so had a blast got soaked to the bone :074::074: felt ten years younger. We saw a Seal hanging around the Red marker. The one near the Yellow marker at the Western end of Mol point.

Russ

You sure were keen mate on Sunday. Atleaset you enjoyed yourself thats the main thing.

I planned to go out on the Bay aswell. Got up in the morning, had a look at the rain outside and saw the weather reports and thought , oh well lets go anyway it will probably stop soon hehe.

My girlfriend was complaining all the way there, saying shes not going out in that rain (coming down on the windscreen) and i kept saying nah thats nothing its just a sprinkle, it will stop soon. Then it comes down harder and Im still goin to her, its just sprinkling thats nothing hahahahaha.

We get to the ramp at the Container wharf at 6.00am and its still raining and I can see the trees swaying all around the place so it wasnt looking good. The place was dead, the only people there were two blokes training their greyhounds in the water. (poor dogs I was thinkin)

I got out of the car, the cold wind and rain hit me, got back in the car and went home.

I was out on sunday aswell, I fished the oilwarf for about an hour but had to come back in as my crew got sick, but it was good fun jumping the boat. Well done on the snapper, I think I met you around 10ish on kyeemagh ramp? as I was launching the boat.

Nice to have met you mate even if we didn't know it at the time. The only thing we had in common on Sunday is we were both :1prop::074: now we know we were 2 mad Raiders and that makes it a o kay.

Russ