Lack Of Fishing Shows On Tv

brendong

Hi all,

First post but love the site......

Tell me if I'm wrong but are there any fishing shows on the commercial networks at the moment? ET, Ifish and Rex no where to be seen (I know you can get all the re-runs of Fox).... I did notice Alex Julius had a morning show some months back. But now there's nothing.....

I don't understand, given the nation is surrounded by the ocean, the number of rivers, lakes, estuaries, streams and dams available in this great country is astounding and from what I remember Fishing is considered one of Australia's most popular past times.

Anyhow, given you are all die hard fisho's like myself, your probably all over it too, but a couple of months back I stumbled upon Adventure Bound 8.00pm Thursday nights on channel 31 (TVS) and Finshin Trip 7.30 pm Friday nights channel 31 (TVS). Both great shows, Adventure Bound is the pick for me, probably a little more professional than Fishin trip....my favourite episode was when they were smashing (and getting smashed by) massive Kings off Jarvis Bay trolling live squid off down riggers.

That’s about it, so here’s a tip all you blokes:

- get in early and do the dishes for your misses

- tell her to have a soak in the bath from 8.00pm till 8.30 pm tonight

- then hand over the remote so she can watch Sea Patrol, ER, CSI something or other trust me it's worth it.

- (PS my misses tells me that a few of the guys are easy on the eye, so maybe she'll sit through Adventure Bound episode with you)

(my apologies to all the female fish raider members for some of my gross male generalisations above, perhaps you'll be battling to pull the remote out of 'The Man's' hands and get it off the footy channel)

See ya.

Hi all,

Tell me if I'm wrong but are there any fishing shows on the commercial networks at the moment? ET, Ifish and Rex no where to be seen (I know you can get all the re-runs of Fox).... I did notice Alex Julius had a morning show some months back. But now there's nothing.....

I don't understand, given the nation is surrounded by the ocean, the number of rivers, lakes, estuaries, streams and dams available in this great country is astounding and from what I remember Fishing is considered one of Australia's most popular past times.

Anyhow, given you are all die hard fisho's like myself, your probably all over it too, but a couple of months back I stumbled upon Adventure Bound 8.00pm Thursday nights on channel 31 (TVS) and Finshin Trip 7.30 pm Friday nights channel 31 (TVS). Both great shows, Adventure Bound is the pick for me, probably a little more professional than Fishin trip....my favourite episode was when they were smashing (and getting smashed by) massive Kings off Jarvis Bay trolling live squid off down riggers.

- then hand over the remote so she can watch Sea Patrol, ER, CSI something or other trust me it's worth it.

- (PS my misses tells me that a few of the guys are easy on the eye, so maybe she'll sit through Adventure Bound episode with you)

(my apologies to all the female fish raider members for some of my gross male generalisations above, perhaps you'll be battling to pull the remote out of 'The Man's' hands and get it off the footy channel)

See ya.

First of all Poddy Trapper a big welcome to you !! :1welcomeani:

GREAT POSSIBILTIES COME IN TO MY MIND WITH THIS POST - THEY'RE SOOOOOOO GOOD I TELLYA :thumbup:

HERE'S WHAT WE DO :

WE HAVE WELL OVER 4000 MEMBERS IT'S A GREAT SITE, I RECKON THE BEST IN AUSTRALIA SO A FEW BUCKS EACH IN THE KITTY AND WE DO OUR OWN REGULAR TV FISHING SHOWS :1yikes:

LOOK AT THE STARS WE'VE GOT ALREADY I'LL EVEN NAME A FEW ROSS HUNTER - ROBERTA -THE BOYS ON LE PASHA - STEWY SWORDFISHERMAN - THE TWO LUDERICKS, 59 AND ANGLER - THE BEACHROCK HOPPER BOBFISH - STUMPY - CRAZY JOHN IN A DINNER SUIT AND BOW TIE - THE OLD JEWGAFFER HERE WITH THE STRANGEST JEW BAIT PRESENTATIONS ON THE PLANET & MECHANICAL JEW RIGS THAT LOOK LIKE MECHANO SETS - MALLACOOTA PETE WITH AN INBOARD FISHING ECYCLOPAEDIA LIBRARY THE LIST GOES ON AND ON .......

My insite is even to start our own clubhouse - Look at the sponsors we've got and there's big strength in numbers, I tellya - we can be a members association - a co-op you name it - We can be the inspiration for good behaviour in kids :1fishing1::thumbup:

We can be anything !!!

Great post Poddy Trapper = heaps of flathead

Just stay tuned for replies

cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Hi all,

See ya.

Hi Poddy TRapper are you in Sydney?

On Fridays here in Newy we get Hook , Line & Sinker on Channel 10 which is a good watch (though not as good as last season when they went around Australia - having said that trolling with a radio control boat was a classic this season :074::074: )

I've noticed they don't put it on in Sydney for some reason, it's only on the Southern Cross channels - the programmers must think they need something more sophisticamated for people in Sydney . So I believe Sydneysiders get a repeat of the Simpsons instead. Go figure the minds of TV programmers

i've been missing fishing shows and i can't get ch31 :thumbdown:

but recently i discoverd the fishingdvd at the newsagent, went online and bought all the previous shows. i think its quite good, very informative of techniques across a wide range of fish. it quite cheap too and free shipping. Although it has HEAPS of product plugs, it doesn't really interfere. whatever to keep costs down i suppose. $10-11 per disc if you order online otherwise its $13 at newsagent

i wish it was a monthly release though

I agree

Whats happening to free TV?

Until now I had no idea how to find out what was coming up on TVS so thanks for that! There used to be 3-4 good quality fishing shows on the weekend and now there`s nothing.We sit down for smoko now and what used to be OOOHH did ya see ET saturday or Rex and the boys on sunday?

Now its who do ya reckon gonna win it takes two???Huh whats with that????

Even the non fishers used to watch just so they could join in monday smoko chat!!

I find when i buy a fishing dvd i go straight home and watch it right through which doesn`t really leave you anything fo look forward to. Jewgaffer and co.comercial tv show eh?? Some may call you a dreamer mate BUT!!!(if you dont have dreams they cant come true!!! :icon_peace::smoke::1Lighten: See ya all in hollywood :074::074::074:

Cheers BigEars

PS what about a RADIO fishing show Jew? I got a great face for radio!!!!!!!!

Seriously though there certainly is enough fishing knowledge on this site as you will overwhelmingly find out shortly mate :1welcomeani:

Edited by bigears2u

I agree

Whats happening to free TV?

Until now I had no idea how to find out what was coming up on TVS so thanks for that! There used to be 3-4 good quality fishing shows on the weekend and now there`s nothing.We sit down for smoko now and what used to be OOOHH did ya see ET saturday or Rex and the boys on sunday?

Now its who do ya reckon gonna win it takes two???Huh whats with that????

Even the non fishers used to watch just so they could join in monday smoko chat!!

I find when i buy a fishing dvd i go straight home and watch it right through which doesn`t really leave you anything fo look forward to. Jewgaffer and co.comercial tv show eh?? Some may call you a dreamer mate BUT!!!(if you dont have dreams they cant come true!!! :icon_peace::1Lighten: See ya all in hollywood :074::074::074::074::074:

Cheers BigEars

I'll tell you a story about dreams and insight.

In I994 the President of the Australian Professional Billiards & Snooker Australian N.S.W. Branch and The Senior Vice President of the Victorian Branch approached me to run the N.S.W. Pro-Am Snooker Title.

Being a Pro Am, entry was open to ranked Pro snooker players from England and Pro snooker players from all over the world.

I had no experience only reasonably astute self employed small business experience and a love of the game of the Snooker from the Pot Black years and dream and insight.

Little did I know they had handed me a poison chalice as clubs wanted the snooker table space for monetory reasons and sponsors were simply not interested due to the fact that spectator crowds to Snooker tournaments had dwindled away due to the fact that Snooker, due to population trends was no longer very popular due to moving away from tit's old world traditionally Anglo Saxon roots.

The previous year had hardly any spectators throughout and the less than twenty spectators at the final were mainly officials and referees. That was a great embarrassment to the club who set up the venue, the Sponsors who laid out the cash and the organizors who had no idea of dreams and insight only years of negativity that lead to false promises and the same withdrawing, defeatist attitude that everything was impossible.

By the time I put my hopes and aspirations, my own dreams and insight into reality, and considering them as big name drawcards to get the show off shaky ground, I worked on professional players first, the actors if you like, with guaranteed big prize money and got starters to agree to come to my home town to play in an Australian Snooker title from England, Asia, Canada and New Zealand. I got commitments from Australian Title holders from every state and Pot black Champions as well, only by dreams and insight capitalising on the big names I had so far and so on..

So I had the the actors didn't I and they were big world recognisable names.

Result was that I raised over $60,000 in prizemoney from sponsors an improvement of the lousy $3000 raised the previous year for an almost non event.

A brand new car put up by Diahutsu Australia for a near impossible maximum 147 break . The car was won by Warren King of S.A. rated number twenty aat the Crucible ratings in England.

There were 611 spectators at the final and the main sponsors ACCOR PACIFIC (Owners of Formula1 motels and the Mercure Holiday units at Surfer's Paradise0 and Carlton United were exstatic, I tell ya.

This only came about from from dreams and insight so yes why wouldn't some call me a dreamer.

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

The only problem is as a fisherman I make a great carpenter! :05:

shit i make a good electrican/comms cabler too! we should get a tradesman/whatever else group together to build and fit out then fish the rest of the time! B)

:thumbup::yahoo:

shit i make a good electrican/comms cabler too! we should get a tradesman/whatever else group together to build and fit out then fish the rest of the time! B)

You really wanna associate work with fishing narges1 ? I dont :thumbdown: UNLESS its building a fishing clubhouse!! :thumbup::yahoo::fish_h4h::fishing1:

Edited by bigears2u

Hi Poddy

Et's new series starts on Ch10 sometime in OCT. We might get a few other with summer coming on? There is a fisjing show on win Sat 4.30 (i think)