Botany Bay 26-08-07

leaky181

Hi all

We spent Sunday on the Bay. On board the mighty "YES DEAR" was myself the :wife: and 2 kids

12 and 10.

Put in at 8.00am at port Botany swung around to Molli and fished for 1hr came up empty. Took off over to the refueling wharf anchored up burleyed hard and we all had bites but could not boat a fish :1badmood:

Whislt we there we had a bit to eat as the worms where getting hungry. the :wife: decided it was time to go for a cruise so up anchor and head off for Kyle bay what a great day to be on the water.

Passed a few fisho that did not look very happy i geuss no fish.

At the turn of the tide we heaed for Bare Island anchored up lines in the water instant bites all round. The Boy (Crikey Ben) makes the call "I'm on". After @5 minutes and a hand from me there on the deck was his first Port Jackson @ 1m under 5kg man was he pumped :yahoo: lots of pats on the back and well done from Mum quick photos and back in the water he/she goes.

After a few more bites but nothing hooked it is time to head back home after a great day on the Bay :thumbup:

post-2495-1188288536_thumb.jpg

post-2495-1188290601_thumb.jpg

well done sounds like a nice day out. do they put up much of a fight for there size??

Hi

the port jacksons dont really fight they just lie on the bottom like a dead wieght. Once you get it off the bottom just keep lifting and winding. They will fight just for a few seconds but than they will just drift up to the surface. the bait we use are just pillies, prawns(some times work) and squid. Heavy line and a trace with a size 4 snapper hook.

cheers

crikey ben

happy :1fishing1:

:thumbup:

Seems there are port jackson everywhere these days. Caught this huge port jackson early this month near bondi. Went up to 1.35m weighted more than 30kg. I was thinking to put on to catch of the month but didn't have a proper photo. I only have mobile phone picture for it. Putting a lot of efforts to land it on a rock platform. rarely see port jackson this big.

post-4534-1188473452_thumb.jpg

Seems there are port jackson everywhere these days. Caught this huge port jackson early this month near bondi. Went up to 1.35m weighted more than 30kg. I was thinking to put on to catch of the month but didn't have a proper photo. I only have mobile phone picture for it. Putting a lot of efforts to land it on a rock platform. rarely see port jackson this big.

mate thats a thumper.

cheers

Dan