Balmoral 2/9

southerly

I joined few other yaks for a jaunt around Balmoral at daybreak. I had a flick for squid in the dark for one tiny cuttle that looked so unusual I did not know if I could handle it, it looked like a blue ringed occy (with yellow instead of bright blue) but I'm pretty sure it was a cuttle, had no intention of touching it though, so I released it.

Headed out to the naval moring bouys where I got a couple of yellow tail on SP's but otherwise zip. Headed back to the boats and tied up on a moring, qickly caught a trevally then a nice flathead about 43cm. As the wind dropped I started drifting. Managed 4 flathead, a small flounder and 4 trevally, kept three flathead and three trevally for dinner. A great morning to be out and it was so much fun to paddle round and see another yak hooked up to more trevally.

post-3697-1188719718_thumb.jpg

Southerly

some good fish there mate.

congrats.

wish i cuda been out there today... :1badmood::1fishing1:

Hi Rob,

Yep everything on SP's, various gulps actually. The trevally seemed to like half a gulp sandworm on a small jig (can't take credit for that one). I also had a bait line down and it got rubbish.

Soutehrly

Nice one southerly , good to see the flatties on the bite :thumbup:

hey kiwi dan , i also fish MH yesterday with D&G same story , seems a bit quiet at the moment, shouldnt be to long before things start warming up though,,,,well that what i keep telling myself anyway :1prop:

Nice fish mate, was a glorious morning out on the water today.

I fished Middle Harbor with Dan & Greg today. Didnt even get a single run between the 2 boats.

cheers

Dan

Hi Dan and KingsRule,

I saw all the boats in MH from the road as I headed down Spit Hill on the way home from Balmoral yesterday morning and wondered how everyone was going, it looked like a car park from my vantage point.

About 2 weeks ago speaking to people on the ramp I realised there were heaps of reports of flathead being caught so I have been targeting them for the past few weeks and they are quite active at present, a little earlier in the season than I would expect but hey they are so yum to eat. Next couple of months is looking good, the kings can wait.

Southerly

BTW: Balmoral was showing 17.5c what was it in MH?

Nice one southerly , good to see the flatties on the bite :thumbup:

hey kiwi dan , i also fish MH yesterday with D&G same story , seems a bit quiet at the moment, shouldnt be to long before things start warming up though,,,,well that what i keep telling myself anyway :1prop:

Hi kingsrule,

yeah the boys said they caught up with you Saturday. Apparently another guy got 5 kings just up from where use were moored on Saturday about an hour after use left.

hi Southerly,

yeah mate there were 5 boats there at one stage, couldnt beleive i didnt even pull in a throw back.

BRING ON THE KINGS!!

Hey all

What a top day yesterday was! :beersmile::biggrin2: ,,,,,,,,,,, Pity I couldnt find a fish or for that matter even get a decent bite! Bugga!

But at least it was a veerrrrrrrrrrrrrryy nice day out!

Yeah apparently someone bagged 5 kingys and 20 odd squid saturday,,,, Pity they arent raiders, or we would have the specifics.

HURRRY UP SUMMER :biggrin2::thumbup:

DAN

D&G

Great day out on the water, Southerly! Good idea about not touching the funny squid/cuttlefish! Never know when one may be more than what you bargain for!

Looks like the flatties have turned up in numbers! Must get out in my yak & give them a go again .....but having too much fun with the blackies (no $ for bait!!) :1prop: Must be the scottish in me!

Cheerio

Roberta