Any One Do Any Good On Fathers Day?

GregL

Hi Raiders.

For the first time in 7 years I didn't get any fishing related gifts :(

They recon I have to much stuff already........ not true I tell ya's!!!!

They got me a manbag for my lappy only cause they recon I look like a school kid with my old back pack one. I've seen these bags and for the price of it I could have got another Saltiga or equivalant!!!

I always tell them, "Don't fight my addiction, just let me go more and all will be fine".

How did you guys go?

Greg

Got my $5 back (she did work for it) and a hand made card from my 7 year old daughter. Nothing from the sons (9&11). The 11 year old didn't even wish me a happy father's day.

And from my wife....as I say to her (with the terminology changed to suit the gender)...." Well, you're not my father, are you?"

Nice.

Hi Raiders.

They got me a manbag for my lappy only cause they recon I look like a school kid with my old back pack one. I've seen these bags and for the price of it I could have got another Saltiga or equivalant!!!

I always tell them, "Don't fight my addiction, just let me go more and all will be fine".

How did you guys go?

Greg

I got some designer name fishing outfits. Though the thoughts were nice the clothes look like something you wear at bedtime or when you're wading thru mud.

As usual the day was turned into mothers day. The women hijacked the tv and watched a rotten old ladies show called Wuthering Heights for the 10th time it seems and all the boys flaked when the old video went white, the only exciting part of the show .

Should have gone fishing. Nothing would have been a better result for me.

There's still not too many fish around and if you catch anything at all it's a bonus these days.

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I got the usual gifts the 2 older kids purchase from the fathers day stall at school-coffee mug and screwdrivers. :074:

Got a soccer ball soap on a rope from my 4yr old.(she picked it :thumbup: )

But made sure of getting some fishing stuff by picking it myself :biggrin2:

got some sps,jigheads and braid scissors :thumbup:

Stephen

:1fishing1:

breakfast in bed.Packet of 6 shot classes from school fathers day stall, Thank god your here double CD pack

then of to see Parra V Broncos with my children.Then the bad news.Wife says we didn,t know what to get you a golf buggy or new golf bag or fishing charter yep you guessed it finished up with none of those lovely ideas

The weirdest fathers day present that I’ve heard of was received by a mate of mine a few years ago. He was expecting a new golf club, boat rod or tackle box.

Instead he got a guinea pig! The kids thought it was great - the perfect present for their dad!

Cheers

Peter

Fin, I got the man bag for my computer from the family.........

Lucky for me I'm shouting the father and the outlaw a trip out on the boat with Ross in a few weeks which I just have to go on as well. :thumbup:

Greg

Hi Raiders.

How did you guys go?

Greg

Guys I got some Anton berg liqour choclates from my misses and my six year old bought home from the school fathers day stall some rum soaked sponge balls.

Nathan my son also made me a card which his teacher had to help with the spelling, it read Happy fathers day DAD. On the inside of the card it read in his own hand writing....My dad loves to drink alcohol, he also drew a picture of a beer can.

I wonder what the catholic school teacher thinks of me hey...

Got to love your kids, a card spoken from the heart.

Marcel

Twin 1

Scored well :thumbup:

Youngest daughter got me a gift voucher from Go Fish and left it at

her boy friends place :( we'll see how long it takes to get to me

Eldest daughter got me The Fishing Show 2 DVD set

then they organise a BBQ lunch while keeping the :beersmile:

working with a never empty glass :thumbup:

:wife: got me a Kingfish Sessions DVD (bought it at Go Fish) so

she would give me something I could use :biggrin2:

She also gave me a Shimano BB elite 24 kg stick :yahoo:

I knew there was a reason I married her :074:

Chris

I got a gift voucher for a massage a pair of shorts and a shirt Nothing fishing related so I might just buy myself something

Are you fishing friday Greg? Looks like me and Mark might hit the Georges

Nah Iceman

Shops open so I have to go to work :mad3:

Good luck all and hope you get the good spring weather.

Marcel that's just GOLD mate!

Greg

Hi Raiders.

How did you guys go?

Greg

i got to go fishing on a charter boat out wollongong caught approx 20 fish morwy, flatty about 60cm, piggys red rock cod, trevally, barracuta, butchers dick, sweep, and srgent bakers, of which i threw back.