Check Out Our New Boat 1-7 Million Dollars

Ross Hunter

THE HUNTER LADS TO DRIVE BRAND NEW 55 MARITIMO AT PT STEPHENS ‘08

What a privilege to be invited by long time friend and Pt Stephens exclusive Maritimo dealer Ken Stewart to drive one of the most exciting game boats The Maritimo 55 at Pt Stephens ‘08

.Ken and the Hunters go back 30 years to the days when we were all a lot younger and fished competitively for Sydney and Pt Hacking GF Clubs.

Ken in his boat “Bikini Two” and naturally myself on Broadbill. The Stewarts then bought the Soldiers Point Marina where we have kept our boats for three decades, so a long term friendship as well as a business relation ship was formed and I guess it was this association that encouraged Ken to offer Glenn and myself the boat for the season to drive.

This boat has to be seen to be believed, it is a credit to the lads at Maritimo.

Simply the best game boat that we have seen for a decade.

It is luxury combined with fish catching designed from the keel up as a Bluewater thoroughbred.

The big boat has every conceivable feature that any keen angler could ever want.

Both Glenn and myself cannot wait to test her out on the brilliant marlin grounds of Pt Stephens.

These are some of her features.

LOA ……………………………….....55 feet

Engines and horsepower……….. Twin Caterpillar C-18 1000HP each engine

Top speed………………………......38 knots

Local Pt Stephens’s dealer……….Ken Stewart 0409 453 026

For those interested we will be doing demonstrations and promotions at Pt Stephens with the “Maritimo Fifty Five’……..between mid February and April ’08 to make a booking Ring Mr Ken Stewart on 0409 453 026 or Maritimo’s Luke Dermon on 0414 276 765 for more details.

Watch for some great photos in ’08 it is going to be a wonderful experience for Glenn and myselF

ONLY PROBLEM IS WEV'E GOTTA GIVE HER BACK AFTER THE SEASONS OVER

post-2782-1188976814_thumb.jpg

:1yikes: Nice machine Ross!

Is that the boat we'll be fishing on when we're on our Raider trip! :yahoo::yahoo:

It would be nice, though I do have a soft spot for old Broady. Either way it's going to be a great trip once again. I can't wait! :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

:thumbup::thumbup::yahoo::yahoo:

I can just see us there Grant MUC!!! All the strikes for me, you can have a sleep

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Nice Ross!

The lines on this 55 look a little different to the 50 and 60fters. First pics I've seen of a Maritimo with a tower, SWEET!! Now I know your on that boat, book Patty and I in for a couple of days up there for sure!!

Cheers

Greg

The reason the 555 maritimo has such different lines is that its maritimo's first purpose built game boat. The boat was designed by Cairns captain Bill Bilson (skipper of Viking II) so you know it will be able to handle everything thrown at it.

Seems that the boats been kitted out completely, with features such as a teak release marine game chair and US 'Lees' outriggers. Should be able to handle live aboard heavy tackle fishing easy as well as the interclub stuff.

Maritimo will also be coming out with a 50 and 63 foot game boat model in the future.

Big engines on this boat with the CAT c18's, but in comparison to a yank sportsfisher its not much lol. Take for example a viking 48 flybridge, which has an option of TWIN 1100hp MAN'S!! Or how about a similar sized boat, a viking 54, which can be optioned out to run on TWIN V12 1550hp MAN's.....crazy.....they love to go fast. The maritimo is no slouch at 38kn either, especially with the extra weight of the tower too.

Congratulations Ross, even if its only for one season, its still worth it, should have a ball,

Daniel

PS: Ross, check your PM's when you get a chance, thanks mate

Probably an appropriate time to compliment Maritimo on thier Public Relations skills as well, at the Sydney Boat show they were by far the most hospitible of the "big boat" displayers in my opinion taking the time to treat even us mere Tyre Kickers with a welcome smile and tech info on the boats.

TOP STUFF!!!!!

Geoff

Can I have your old boat if you're not using it? :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Mondo,

Jeez mate I don't know if Broady would even start if some stranger drove her . She may sulk and refuse to leave the pen if the old blokes not at the helm, after all Iv'e stood there for 26000 hours since '89

We are taking both boats Broady and Billfisher to Pt Stephens in 2008.