Confiscated

nightstalker

Heard about a crew recently that went to Weipa or thereabouts - had a great week and caught heaps of fish.

Coming home - get pulled over by fisheries - they check everything and the guys have too much fish.

They take the 40000 dollar boat - all their gear and tackle - all the fish and the eskies.

They are also facing a 10000 each fine in a pending court case.

Sucko i reckon....!!

Know your limits and stick to them boys. The days of greed are gone.

Sad, but it happens!! As they say - ignorance is not an excuse!! Make sure you know the limits of every State you fish in, as the fish size & bag limits vary from State to State.

In NZ, they can even take your car & trailer as well!!! Anything that assists you in taking the fish, is taken, auctioned & the $ put back into fishing revenue!

Cheers

Roberta

I THINK TAKING THE ESKY IS A BIT OVERBOARD, :074:( IT COULD STILL HAVE BEER IN IT.)

BUT GOING OVER YOUR BAG LIMIT IS A NO NO. :mad3: AND A EXPENSIVE TRIP FOR THEM.HA HA.

PS. I WOULD LIKE JUST TO GET TO THE BAG LIMIT ONE DAY. :074::074::074:

i would just like to catch a bloody fish somedays! :beersmile:

Check site rules - no posts about illegal fishing activities at all.

I just read the thread above - I didn't think the point of the above posts was to promote illegal fishing - they were trying to say that as fishos we need to take responsibility & keep ourselves informed of latest bag limits etc and be responsible fisherman.

Edited by Webby

Check site rules - no posts about illegal fishing activities at all.

DV8 yes you are correct

This topic was let run as it was news.

and is also a reminder to all Angler's whilst fishing in the states and in a territory.

You need to be aware of the size and bag limits imposed by the local authorities.

Regards

Johnno

Edited by johnno