North Coast

nightstalker

After doing my Swaines report from last weeks trip - thought i'd keep bragging and mention a recent (july) trip to the north coast.

Scored some good snapper out wide had an unbelievable night on the jew one night.

The jew were smashing baits everywhere on the surface and I ended up getting a PB jew 13kilo.

The last fish of the trip was a floater going off in a screaming run ending up in a PB snapper 5.9kilo

If you add in the 10.94kg emperor i got last week and a PB longtail of 15kg on last years north coast annual i have been lucky enough to score four trophy fish in 13months.

Not really bragging just stoked!!

post-4220-1189660761_thumb.jpg

post-4220-1189660790_thumb.jpg

post-4220-1189660838_thumb.jpg

The jew were smashing baits everywhere on the surface and I ended up getting a PB jew 13kilo.

The last fish of the trip was a floater going off in a screaming run ending up in a PB snapper 5.9kilo

If you add in the 10.94kg emperor i got last week and a PB longtail of 15kg on last years north coast annual i have been lucky enough to score four trophy fish in 13months.

Not really bragging just stoked!!

Well done nightstalker. Great report. If I caught fish just half the size of your pbs, I'd be rapt!

Incredible fish.

Where did you get the snapper? Any details? Bait? Depth? Time etc?

Cheers

Peter

Well done nightstalker. Great report. If I caught fish just half the size of your pbs, I'd be rapt!

Incredible fish.

Where did you get the snapper? Any details? Bait? Depth? Time etc?

Cheers

Peter

Could tell you the exact spot but would be killed.

Needless to say the whole north coast produces reds like this and almost all year from port stephens to the tweed. Anyway, if you know the spot you know the spot as there is some land in that photo.

Bait - get all our reds on pillies

Depth - much shallower than you would think!

Time - Got him very late - about 7.30am if that makes sense. You want em, youd better be prepared to run bars in full darkness and be on the spot before first light. Not for the faint hearted or inexperienced skipper.

Then its just find a good bit of reef and floaters away - then one in every 50 or 100 snapper will be a cracker. Others in the last 3 years have gone 5.3, 4.2, 4.1 and a stonking 8.3 by a mate.

Not good enough mate!

You didn't invite me. :074::074:

Well done. Some cracking fish there. You should be stoked. That session on the Jews sounds like awesome fun.

Cheers,

Grant.

Thanks mate, have you ever had a session on the jew like that, it was that classic night - leading up to the full, high an hour after dark, bit of fresh in the river and bait everywhere - there must have been dozens of jew concentrated in a small area hunting the bait.

In the end we probably didnt do that well only boating one - had at least four baits come back descaled - another two fish reefed my mates.

In the end we ran out of baits and couldnt fish the start of the run out and I think that would have gone off as well.

If only it were like that more often - did however learn so much that night just from observing their behaviour - hope to follow up soon and apply some of those lessons in the hawkesbury.

Looks like youve got em wired up your way.

Thanks mate, have you ever had a session on the jew like that, it was that classic night - leading up to the full, high an hour after dark, bit of fresh in the river and bait everywhere - there must have been dozens of jew concentrated in a small area hunting the bait.

In the end we probably didnt do that well only boating one - had at least four baits come back descaled - another two fish reefed my mates.

In the end we ran out of baits and couldnt fish the start of the run out and I think that would have gone off as well.

If only it were like that more often - did however learn so much that night just from observing their behaviour - hope to follow up soon and apply some of those lessons in the hawkesbury.

Looks like youve got em wired up your way.

Yes mate, I've had a couple of sessions like that. Lanbased in Sydney of all places. Once after a flood at Narrabeen when I spun up an 18kg & 22kg Jew in 5 casts. Could have got more but had to be somewhere & I was buggered. Another time off Middle Head when it all lined up & they were biting their heads off. Two of us bagged out & had 14 runs in a couple of hours. It doesn't happen often but when it does you never forget it.

Cheers,

Grant.