Yellow Fin Finally...now With Pics

achilles

G'day all,

Saturday 16th at Browns finally paid off. My brother and I left Tom Uglies at 6.00am on Saturday and headed straight for our spot just wide and south of Browns. Got out there to find another 10 or so boats so we cruised around and found 19.5 degrees of water blue as the sky. Not much sign of life until cubing started and we attracted plenty of birds. Current and wind was perfect and got a nice trail going for about 1 hour when at approx 9am one of our 50W got hit and lines cut.....what the??? Within 10 min 2 rods have gone off with a double hook up. One line straight down and the other almost horizontal.. I could tell I was on to a fin but my brother wasnt so sure...about 20m away a Mako surfaced and began its arial assault....what a site...24kg line didnt last so he quickly re-rigged and had his line back in the water...while still fighting my fish which gave me a good work out we had 2 fin on.....landed both 1 @20kg and the other at 15kg.....still cubing we could see plenty of fish just below the surface. Lines back in and again double hook up...got 4 fin on board between 10 and 20kg so it was enough for us so packed up at 11am and headed home at 4200 rpm in beautiful conditions...what a day.....just want to mention some idiot kept trolling in our berley trail about 50m at the back of our boat in a 625 cruise craft with no luck.......he saw us hook up and also started cubing right next to us but by that stage the fish were gone.....

post-5092-1190357324_thumb.jpg

post-5092-1190357340_thumb.jpg

post-5092-1190357366_thumb.jpg

post-5092-1190357380_thumb.jpg

post-5092-1190357533_thumb.jpg

Edited by achilles

hi,

havent really cooked tuna often and it has never really tasted the best.........this time we bled the fish and got some good steaks and put them on the barbeque and brushed some lemon and herbs and it was awesome......cant wait to get some more.........