Nepean Wier

fisherman

Hey,

im keen to get out to the nepean wier on saturday, but there is a slight problem!!!! I dont know how to get there... :( can anyone give me directions on how to get there? i will be coming from the sutherland shire.. Also is there parking there and is there a place to launch my canoe?

cheers

Craig

Edited by fisherman

Mate dont know how to get from where you are to the weir but i can tell you that you can put a canoe in from the boat ramp and or on the other side of the bridge.

Sorry carnt be more help.

Try www.whereis.com.au.

Mate dont know how to get from where you are to the weir but i can tell you that you can put a canoe in from the boat ramp and or on the other side of the bridge.

Sorry carnt be more help.

Try www.whereis.com.au.

hey mate cheers for the reply. do you know how far the wier is from the bridge?

depends on whether you want to fish above or below the weir.

Above the weir you could park at the rowing club and lug the yak down to their launch area, drive to the emu plains side(river rd i think it is) and carry the yak down through the grassy area next to the rail bridge, or paddle the k and a bit down from the tench reserve ramp. If wanting to fish below the weir try devlins lane and paddle back upstrem towards the weir

Edited by dangles

Devlins lane is always open but its quite a paddle back to the wier.Theres plenty of good fishing around the lane though so you won"t have to paddle to far to find spots. At the wier you can park at the top of the hill & its an easy 50 metre carry down the track to the water with the yak.