Sea Eagles In The Grand Final

Red

Raiders, i'm sure many of you were watching the footy tonight. How good was Michael Monaghan? That was one of the gutsiest displays i've seen. Well and truly a deserving man of the match. I bet there's a few Sydney clubs regretting they didn't get his signature. Sad to see yet another talent go to England :mad3:

Here's hoping Parra beat the Storm and we can enjoy an all Sydney grand final :thumbup:

Cheers

Red

Was soooo good to see Thurston have a sook at the end :074: Orford was all over him like a rash and frustrated the hell out of him :thumbup: World's greatest player? No way! Not in this lifetime :074::074: .

Praying for a Parra victory tomorrow.

Cheers

Red

im a chookies man but have said last couple years that Manly are the ones to watch.they have bought reel good players and esp when ben kennedy joined them they lifted another notch.. was good to see him on the sideline as i know he still has a bit to do with the club and players in general even though he is way up the coast now... i picked monas for motm by the 10th min as he was soooo involved and wathmouth just charged through em... that ti winger and the young big boppa had great games also for newbies.. the whole team played well and as long as they dont have those little lapses of intensity and bunch up in tiredness then they will beat the storm next week..i dont think parra will last the distance against the storm,both teams have lots of points in em but storm have the stamina to wear parra down...

hey Red i see your not a fan of thurstons... he was more than justified in blowing up and i think he was definitely frustrated as you pointed out by orford.. i am not a big fan of simpkins and just after halftime i said to :wife: gee its good to see the ref not bugger a good game up. spoke too soon as those who watched saw a couple of crucial calls that were not good.. anyway the better team won so its all ok int the end..... a great game of footy... come on 4pm tomorrow...gonna be a cracker.... cheers...steve...

manly were unreal last night. I was at the game and scremed my head off with 20 mates. Cant wait for the GF next week.

The 1 thing I was filthy about in the game was that I had 20 on Lyon for last tryscorer at $15's. When he scored with 7 to go I was cheering like never before until bloody Williamson crossed with a couple to go DOH!!

Bring on the Storm hopefully we can topple them up here!!

GO THE EAGLES!!

Cheers

Dan

Sat night was definately the worst with regards to reffing I've seen for a few years now. If he couldn't even see Afamasaga push Thurston and give a penalty, what good is he in making other calls. Too many bad calls in saturday's game, I think it ruined what could have been a great nice with two teams who could've played a much tougher and fairer game than they did.

Is it just me or have the refs this year really lost the plot

I can't remember when there were so many blatent errors

that got missed

Granted Manly were the better team but Thurston had every

right to question being penalised after Afamasaga walked

forward 2 metres to push him over where were the touchies

and the video ref to advise the ref if he missed it

I reckon the ref's need to go back to school in the off season

and be re qualified after their dismal performance this year

Problem with dropping them is they don't have enough with

intelligence to promote

*steps off soap box* next ..............

Chris

well guys looks like a STORM VS EAGLES GF...

another shocking ref display...and to think at the start the comment was made he was first in line to blow his stupid whistle for next week... the amount of blatant bad calls was really not good... to also see no attacking benefit of the doubt on that parra try then storms final one given when both were line ball and the same desision should of applied either way.. i think if manly can hold the intensity up and be either ahead or only one try down by the 60th min then its party time on the northern beaches.. the storm didnt play as well as they could of but parra did muscle em up for periods...seemed to work too.... wagon should never be inside players of the calibre of tahu also as he didnt see enough ball.... very sad to see players like him getting poached by union... dont blame them though as the $ too good to pass up...... anyway looking foreward to a cracker next week..... steve.....

Well as a eels fan i am disappointed but thats the way the game goes

Who didn,t think melbourne where going to win with those calls the refs made the finals where already set .

Go you sea eagles ,as much as i dislike the team i dislike melbourne more :mad3:

:thumbup: i won the Fishraider tipping comp :thumbup:

Edited by johnno

I'm a Rooster fan but living up here on the Northern Beaches Manly's my second team and I always go to any night games at Brookie for the last 10 years as it's close and good to see NRL games up nice and close...so I've grown fond of them in a way...plus Beaver's dad's a drinking mate at my local....

GO MANLY..............!!

How bout the camera in Storm's dressing room at half time...see the whiteboard...the word "WRESTLE" in big bold letters...they don't just aim to tackle the opposition...they want to wrestle them into awkward positions and slow the play the ball as much as possible...

Edited by Capt Hook

I've always thought, you're either a manly fan or you hate them!

I am yet to meet anyone who likes Manly other than a manly supporter!

BUT ..... if it comes to Manly or a Mexican (Melbournite - south of the border!), then I must admit, I'd say go Manly

Shame the doggies weren't there but i'm the 1st to admit, they played a shit finals series!

Either way, I'll be in Wagga this long weekend, fishing the Murrumbidgy (spelling?!?!) and downing a few :beersmile:

Have fun all, and stay safe! :thumbup:

Remember.... double demerits! :mad3: