More Kings

Red

Had another fun day on the bay. Got a late start and the squid were tougher than usual but managed enough for the session. First strike came on a topwater lure right next to the boat but the hooks pulled during the fight. From there we boated several on the live squid with only 3 keepers amongst them. All in all an enjoyable day on the bay, complete with some memorable bust offs. Rack raiders and kings are not a great idea after all :1prop:

Cheers

Red

No mate, was in Botany Bay. They were only your standard run of the mill rats so we didn't bother with photos.

The Rack raider is a short handled bream rod. It was inches from going overboard today. Went for a big hookset and the grip slipped through my hand :1yikes: Lucky we caught it because the rod was not mine :1prop:

Cheers

Red

Thanks for the report Red

I'm out on the Bay tomorrow with :wife: and my 5 year old.

Hope the Trevs are in the mood little fella is lookin forward to it so I'm feelin the pressure.

You could be the King of the Bay this year with your good early form. I haven't heard of any Kings so far this season apart from your report last week. Would it be fair to say you are the first Raider to boat a King in the Bay this season.

Russ

Russ, i'm a legend in my own lunchtime. My mates Aero and Rodholder were onto them first while most of us were asleep :1prop:

The plan for this year is to fish light and to use mainly poppers when they become more active. Popper fishing has got to be the most exciting form of chasing these fish :thumbup:

Steve, you are right for sure. I reckon from the long weekend onwards, these forums will be flooded with kingfish reports. Might have to spend more time in the harbour as the average size seems to be better there. The bay has too many throwbacks, now that the legal length has increased to 65cm. Lets hope this increase will pay dividends in the near future.

Cheers

Red

Hey Red,

I landed my first king of the season yesterday too - I think I might have spoken to you actually, I was in the green skeeter? - was that you out by the marker? Also saw Aero in one of his usual haunts! Beautiful day yesterday, and I was stoked to get my first king of the season.

Ben.

G'day Tabsy, hope you are well mate. Good to see someone was out chasing real fish in the swell. Such a shame the fin was dropped :thumbdown: Was it on the cube or troll? We were off the water before 11am - spewing we missed you. I'm totally pumped for trip up north as i'm sure you are. Are you up there the same time as us?

Penguin, i'm a supersticious so n' so, and do not believe in cameras.....actually video cameras are even worse. Not only are you guaranteed to catch nothing :074: , you may not even make it safely back to the ramp. Next time i promise to take a pic when we get home.

Ben, congratulations on your first king of the season. We were admiring the sweet boat you were on. I believe you guys caught something else worth mentioning too :thumbup: Next time, come over and say g'day.

Cheers

Red

Matrix, yeah its hard to ID someone wearing sunnies and a hat at the best of times :1prop: Fact is we couldn't keep our eyes off the Skeeter :074: . What a sweet fishing rig :thumbup:

Was fun watching you guys hooked up on light gear and land the fish. We were wondering how you were going to net the king with your small bream net. Nice work :thumbup:

Regards

Red

Had another fun day on the bay. Got a late start and the squid were tougher than usual but managed enough for the session. First strike came on a topwater lure right next to the boat but the hooks pulled during the fight. From there we boated several on the live squid with only 3 keepers amongst them. All in all an enjoyable day on the bay, complete with some memorable bust offs. Rack raiders and kings are not a great idea after all :1prop:

Cheers

Red

hi red just wondering were u caught your kings i've tried the drums on the change of the tide but had no luck. live bait sound like its a must??

I think live bait is a must when chasing kings. Ive caught them on plastics and pillies, but nothing consistent. The trouble Ive had is finding squid. I know where i can get yakkas, but no luck when it comes to squid. what time of the day, tide and more importantly whereabouts can I get them. any help will assist in a happy king catch.