Nice Flattie

fisherwoman

Hey all,

Went up to lake macquarie with dad for a comp on the weekend. Had a great weekend came home with 3 snapper, 3 flatties, 4 flounder, 1 bream and 2 blue swimmers. Threw heaps of just under and just legals back.

Missed out on taking the biggest snapper by 10grams, damn!!! :ranting2:

On the last day doing drifts, on our last drift came up with my PB flattie measuring 64cm's and weighed in at 1.8kgs, the biggest flattie for the weekend caught by a local was 2.5kgs .

I have to say i was stoked with my catch. :yahoo:

post-2319-1190707998_thumb.jpg

post-2319-1190708022_thumb.jpg

post-2319-1190708118_thumb.jpg

What a great weekend for me and dad.

Kat

Edited by fisherwoman

G,day Kat.

Nice job on the PB lizard, 3 snapper, 3 flatties, 4 flounder and one bream in the weekend comp, the price of a trip up to Lake Maquarie. PB flattie 64cm and 1.8kg and spend the day out with dad. "PRICELESS"

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Great catch Kat, you've done well.

Shame being 10 grams off.

Would love to join the lake maq club. Is there any website to join that you know of....

Where abouts were you fishing in the lake?

Hey, Thanks don't know if there is a website. We were fishing near Diamond Head (i think that is it either that or diamond point) and at the reef just off Sumerland Point.

Kat

Thats my local fishing spot, and that flattie looks like the one that got away from me last year, lol!

I live in that area, and am very pleased to see and hear about your catch, it has made me even more motivated to get my act together.

WELL DONE! Now thats what I'm talking about, it's ALL GOOD.

Rod.

Thats my local fishing spot, and that flattie looks like the one that got away from me last year, lol!

I live in that area, and am very pleased to see and hear about your catch, it has made me even more motivated to get my act together.

WELL DONE! Now thats what I'm talking about, it's ALL GOOD.

Rod.

I recognise that boat harbour too! My dad is up there almost every weekend!

Any tips on how to get my wife keen???!!!

Patience is not her best quality if ya know what i mean.

I was thinkin of finding a school of salmon and hit em up with some light tackle..... that could work!!! ha ha!!!

I have fished all my life, my family have lived on the Hawkesbury River for many generations so the water is in my blood, Perhaps finding a school would work for a few minutes but i find if you don't have the patence you wont get into it.

My hubby doesn't fish and i can't get him keen so i have just given up on him coming!!!!! :thumbdown: