Look What I Got Through The Mail

hottyscotty

I received a pick-up notice card from Aust Post last Thursday, not knowing what it was i wasn't too eager to get it. Now i wish I'd had. Luckily my newsagent was still open in the arvo (normally it closes early on public holidays, maybe the chinese brought their hard working ethics with them =p).

To my surprise i opened the package to a new Shimano Calcutta Conquest 300!!! Its a present from my Japanese friends, they were thanking me getting them through uni especially on the english side of things.

img4034md6.th.jpg

img4035yl8.th.jpg

Now the questions:

What species shall i target with it? what rod shall i match it up with?

I was thinking putting 20lb and put it on a Nitro Dominator rod. Then i can target kings in the Bay or Harbour like my other Branzino outfit.

I've never had a baitcaster so i really don't know how to maintain them. Are they just the same as maintaining spin gear?

As for casting with them, i've got the Fishing DVD with Shannon Watson showing how to cast, so hope that'll be useful.

What a super thank you present

lucky boy

as for maintenance do the same as a spinning reel

there where a few threads on here about using a baitcaster

which there where some handy hints just take it slow.

Wow, what a fantastic 'thank you' present! They obviously really appreciated the time & effort you put in with them! What goes round, comes round!

Well done & enjoy the fishing! Look forward to reading capture reports with your new reel!

Cheers

Roberta

:biggrin2: Gotta be happy with that :yahoo:

Bring it down to the Port in a couple weeks when the Kings are more active, make your first fish a big Kingie!

Make sure you're confident with casting before you put expensive braid on it, so you don't end up losing 50m of braid like I did :ranting2:

IFS

still finding time to get a rod for it. don't be fooled by the pic, its just an old spin rod with old mono. i think i just got a bit too eager hehe

i'll probably take it down to lilli pilli to do some practicing. hopefully the kings are there like last summer/autumn.

still finding time to get a rod for it. don't be fooled by the pic, its just an old spin rod with old mono. i think i just got a bit too eager hehe

i'll probably take it down to lilli pilli to do some practicing. hopefully the kings are there like last summer/autumn.

Well we should get them because I'm going to target them this Summer. Unlike last season.

You now have two outfits to own those Kingies so you have no excuses for not getting any.

IFS