Middle Harbour

zen801

Hi raiders,

Woke up at 5am and thought stuff it i am going fishing.

Woke everyone up in the house moving building materials that were blocking my boat in whilst my car was at the smash repairs. Oh well unlucky for them.

Hit the water and tried for squid at the Spit but couldnt jig one so went over to Balmoral for back up plan - Yakkas. Ran into Robielites - good to meet ya mate.

No problem getting yakkas but they were all a bit too big for my liking. Went into MH and put a few down. Very quite not even pickers so after awhile headed back out to Dobroyd.

Got smashed on a butterflied yakka and after a nice fight boated and released a 1m Hammerhead. Drifted around for awhile for Zilch.

Thought stuff it i will go back into MH and try a spot that Humesy has had success with a few months back.

Put down a jumbo yakka and as soon as it hit the bottom it was off on a run. Tried to set the hook but missed so brought him up and he was dead with a huge jewie bite mark on him. This was a big jew so still shaking i put a butterflied yak down and he got smashed exactly the same way and result.

Mate i am thinking there is no way i am gonna be third time lucky so this time put a squid strip down. This time i watch and wait for like 30 seconds and smash i am on and hooked up.

Good fight with a couple of runs and 10 mins later boated a nice 85cm jew at 11 am.

Still shaking i ring Humesy with a result on his spot.

Now either there was a school down there or this one suicidal jewie kept smashing my baits until i got it right.

Great end to the session. Jewie steak tonite.

Cheers.

post-2060-1192077535_thumb.jpg

post-2060-1192079216_thumb.jpg

Edited by rzep

Well done Zenman, good to hear a fishing story with a happy ending.

There could have been a big school down there, an 85cm Jew should not give you too much curry, if you are equipped for it. Imagine how MASSIVE the other ones may have been.... I guess you will never know...

Nice work zenman....

We were out on tuesday and ended up chasing salmon for most of the morning but after the weather came up we thought we would do some exploring for new locations.... found a few humps that we might come back to that looked very fishy. There seemed to be a huge amount of whitebait or something very similar around im supprised i didnt see more surface action with all those little guys getting around!!!!! Hopefully its just the calm before the storm!!!!!

Hey Zenman looks like there was a school of jew down there alright. Careful with those large live yakkas mate, have to wait for the stop to turn around and swallow, and on the second run time the lock up and lift with those ones, mate.Going on the first run while the jew has grabbed hold of the livie from underneath is where the word jewie spit out got its name.

Andrew Humesy has sure got his best jew hunting grounds down there. After his results, the spot should be made an official jewfish highway and named Mulloway Crescent, howzzat sound or would you rather have Mulloway Close being north shore old boys? :lol:

Regards and keep on going there mate, jew return to hunting grounds that suit and that spot will be famous pretty soon the way you get everything right :thumbup:

I owe Andrew a boat ride and that part of the Harbour can fire as good as the Hawkesbury at times.

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Yo,

I must Agree with The patron Saint of Mulloway Sir Jewgaffer,

Reads to me like a few schooled up, but, what a charge,

My adrenalin would still be pumpin' if i thought that there were

a few good Jew beneath me in solid numbers.

Top work

Catch Ya

Bigfoot

Howdy Mike and fellow raiders,

Here is a post script to your story. Firstly, I don't deserve the credit for this spot. You really put me on to it yourself Mike. I am just in from the night shift. Exactly 12 hours after your call, the bite came on for me. It was short and sweet. All the livies (squid and yakkas) went berserk. The tiny yakka copped it first and asS 60cm jewie was boated. Squid copped it next but alas no hookup. 2 hours into the run out and spot P fires.

My attempts at kingie fishing were far less successful.

Cheers

Hi Inhlanzi,

No i didnt get a weight on it but it was maybe around 5-6 kilos.

I am going to get some reliable scales for fish soon as good to keep a better record of all details.

Ate some of it last night and gave over half to friends and neighbours. Have a few people who regularly love to take fresh jewie when we catch it and nothing goes to waste.

I now have two more jewels for the collection. Also stomach didnt reveal anything identifable and for such a fat little jewie he was hungry.

I love fishing on the new moon for jews and have never got one on the full moon in Middle Harbour.

Tasted great :thumbup:

Cheers

Welldone Mike, nice to see you having seccess again. Sounds like a top session. Well, I am still yet to land a jewie myself.... might give it a go sometime after this month. Your family must enjoyed a feed of fresh jewie steaks.

Cheers

Louis

Welldone Mike, nice to see you having seccess again. Sounds like a top session. Well, I am still yet to land a jewie myself.... might give it a go sometime after this month. Your family must enjoyed a feed of fresh jewie steaks.

Cheers

Louis

nice fish zenman