Seen One Of Theese Before ?

Bruce the Postie

Question

13 answers to this question

Sorry Guys,

I didnt even think that i had posted, I was trying to put a photo with it before i put it up for your learned opinions to hopefully come up with an answer. The reason for the lack of photo is that i am a computer numbskull and have not been able to master the art of posting photos on this site (Or any other for that matter ) . So with any luck i will nut out the photo posting bizz and we can see if we can identify my catch.

Thanks again

Bruce :beersmile:

Edited by Bananaphobic

Ahhh Bruce . That's called a visible fish. Sorry I can't help with the exact latin name as I don't catch many of those.

Looks like you could scale and fillet it a lot easier than the invisable ones but a bit harder to get off the hook an do a good catch and release. Beautiful clear flesh on the invisable ones , no bones or skin to worry about but that one you got looks like it might have milky flesh bones and skin. I bet those really pull hard compared to the invisable ones. I've got lots of experience with invisable ones that must be monster huge because just a I am about to boat them they spew up a large piece of weed or an old boot. I always blame the gaff man myself a the fish must see his ugly mug and cough up the hook!!

When you get a bit more experience I hope you will get some invisable ones like the rest of us did last weekend.

I'm off to play with my invisible friend. Top bloke but doesn't drink all his beer even after I open it for him so I have to finish off his tailings. Wife is so happy my friend is a bloke as she would worry if it was another woman. I once spoke of an invisible woman friend in my sleep and apparantly some invisible boyfriend must of beaten me up cause I was lack and blue in the morning. Wife reckons she didn't see him.

Pel

Edited by pelican

haha lol

funny thread eh

ya, invisible fish are definitely a better catch than visible fish, because they dont smell if left outside, they dont thrash all about and stick their fins into your eye, and of course, i am a total expert at all the invisible mahi mahi!!

Darn it!!! I thought I'd better delete my original 'invisible fish' post, now the photo is up ...... after reading the other posts, I wish I'd left it there!!!!

Heh Bob - I have had the odd bag full (on rare occasions ....) but I've never photographed them!!! :1prop:

Cheerio

Roberta

PS No offense intended Bruce! :(

My first guess was "The One that got away" hence no photo........... sorry there Bananaphobic to much Wine or was that whine....yes dear coming........ :wife:

:biggrin2:

I reckon its a Butterfly Perch, have a look at the last photo on the page and you can see the spots better

http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/fishfact...lepidoptera.htm

Juveniles don't have the spots.

B.F.

Edited by Blackfish