Hawksbury River Mayhem

Guest fishermangreg

Guest fishermangreg

g'day to all, headed off up to the hawksbury to try for some jewie action on high tide this arvo. got there with only half an hour to go till the ebb. i found some nice structure on my sounder near the railway bridge which showed some fish holding up on it, so i dropped anchor and pegged out a nice fresh squid and a moss chop sized local prawn. no sooner had i put the prawn bait rod in the holder it buckled under the strain of a fish. in came a 45cm jewie and i was a happy chappie. :thumbup: put on another prawn, threw it out and hung on this time. straight away another hookup, and yes another jewie of 48cm. :biggrin2: the squid was being ignored so on with another moss chop and 'bang' once more a solid hook up. this one took a nice little run and came in to the boat at 60cm. :yahoo: then nothing. the tide stopped and so did the fish. three nice fish in 30 mins aint bad in my books so i pulled up and headed home. jewie for dinner tonight, yum.

Its good that you guys dont mind sharing some fishing spots

For us first time boaties it is a great new adventure.

That was a exciting report, you obviously caught what was there so no more bites.

Top stuff.

Cheers

Sasha

Hey Greg,

We had a very similar experience with jews in middle harbour on the weekend.

How good is it when jewies are feeding freely?

Shame there parents werent hungry.

The ones we got were on fresh squid strips on the bottom last hour of the run in tide.

High tide shut em down - cheers

Michael

Guest fishermangreg

Nice work, good to start to hear more from the Jewie in the river.

What side of the bridge were you? East? Looking to throw some plastics down there but don't know where.

My new favorite spot and i have to share it already? that's ok, the 2 guys in the boat next to me with 6 rods out didn't catch a thing!! must have been the Moss Chops. :1prop: yes it was the nth eastern side.

using plastics at the railway bridge would have to be on a slow or ebbing tide. the current really rips throught there. let us know how you go.

Guest fishermangreg

What are moss chops? sorry if its a dumb question :wacko::insane:

:074: moss chops is my own slang... many moons ago my best friend was commenting on the enormous size of the hawkesbury river prawns we were using. he referred them to a moschops dinosaur. i changed it because i thought they were growing in the river that long they had grown mossy chops. yada yada