Id Fishy

Novicefisherman

Question

14 answers to this question

Yeah - top bait pinchers too, especially if you fish with beach worms!! They love the wash of the surf beaches.

Some people actually eat the bigger ones, but I reckon they taste a bit of ammonia!

Roberta

I used to catch heaps of dart off the beach I grew up near-they are terrific fighters on light gear using pippies,worms,yabbies,prawns etc as bait and I bet they'd be suckers for small Sps too.Apparently they taste great skinned,but Mum just used seasoned flour and fried them(as she did with all the fish we inflicted on her as kids).

Cheers,

Dave.

the dart are great on the tooth shallow fried, i remember braining them on boomerang beach up forster way when i was a kid every january for 5 or 6 years.

i got a few in QLD last year on gulp sandworms and a light flick stick,awsome fight on the light stuff.

I cant believe what im hearing!! Dart are beautiful! We always catch heaps up on Fraser and Moreton Islands on beach worms. They are much much bigger than that though, probs 2-3 times the size, they go really hard on light gear, similar to a big trev. But we always kept a fair few and cooked them with garlic salt, never noticed an ammonia taste...

I cant believe what im hearing!! Dart are beautiful! We always catch heaps up on Fraser and Moreton Islands on beach worms. They are much much bigger than that though, probs 2-3 times the size, they go really hard on light gear, similar to a big trev. But we always kept a fair few and cooked them with garlic salt, never noticed an ammonia taste...

Are you sure they weren't Queenies Dicko?