Botany Again!

wildfish

strugled to get out of bed this morning so bit late to the ramp(6:30ish launch edst).

jetted off to moulinex to grab some yakkas and all i had for bait was the pike from last session that i planned to use for burley. this was good and bad! there was a few yakkas about and they seemed to really like the pike(good) but it just came off the hook to easy(bad) so it took a bit to get it right! first up was a tiny wrasse. then i got a couple of yakkas and after loosing so many baits before they hit bottom i gave up!

thought id head out and troll lures north as last year the bonnies were pretty reliable and use them for burley on the south side near the lighthouse for snapper as ive been buying a few big placcies. also both types of fishing might pull a nice king as by catch!

well i get to the north head put my lures out and turn to set boat course and speed, then i turn back to fine tune the distance of my lures!

with scotty lyon right behind me and trolling for all of 30seconds hang on im pulling drag, stopped the boat and started winding. hang on its pulling a lot more drag than a bonnie! is it is it! yep it is! my 1st king for the season!!! :yahoo: its 65cm and i thought about throwing it back as im only 30seconds into fishing but no!

trolled a bit further, then i came back into the bay and downrigged the yakkas past the markers from moulinex to penrhyn ramp! packed up (now 10am) and went home!!! :thumbup:

post-3094-1193536836_thumb.jpg

post-3094-1193536921_thumb.jpg

Edited by wildfish

Hey Luke

.....Why dont you ring Jewgaffer and invite him over for a feed :074::074: he loves Kingy fillets :biggrin2:

Russ

Never mind the woefull kingfish feed thanks Russ, I've got to take alka seltza even at the thought of eating a kingfish and I would rather eat a sparrow sandwich. I'll pack some raw sumushi fillets whatever they call them and get rid off the crows from around the garbage bins near my place.

And Luke why didnt you call me, I would have taken you on the daredevil death defying trampoline ride around the cliff faces near Malabar where I went to with Barker on Friday and during the trolling bounce I totally lost my hearing from for a couple of hours, but I'll do it again for the sporty fun that's for sure. mMight even use 200 lb wire to give them a better chance of escape. :074:

Luke we could have wounded a few more with hooks on cigarette butts, they were still stirred up from my Friday puffing while having to constantly reach for the gaff in overdrive and even Steve gave up and reefed them in by hand :074:

Cheers. What a spot Barker and I got onto when we made our escape from the undersized dribblers and got right in where the shelf dropped down to the bigger more gastrical ones :thumbup:

Good on you Luke :thumbup:

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer