Nice Productive Weekend

HAWKSBURY BUOY

Last weekend and boy what a weekend it was and a sad one too,, my boat sold but had one last fish

in it with a friend. Went too a few reefs off sydney got some good snapper just on dusk,,back into Bobbin Head for the night and a BBQ on the beach,, few spins and baits for some good bream,, Up early so tossed out a livey for a Jew while having a :beersmile: and some brekky . me too busy as usual to worry about a little tap tap on the line so my mate has a look see and bam away all hell breaks loose,eyes lit up Jewie 15 minutes into the fight first site out 20 meters bugger not a jew looks like a shovel nose :( few more minutes in bit closer

maybe port jackson damn few curse words :05: Mate says feels like a flathead the way its tugging

me nah cant be too big has to be shark , couple more minutes get a better look down deep mate think its a flathead still bit pi***y nah shovel nose [ In my books when fishing if its big its been a shark :) ] Few more minutes its coming up F**************k me guess what CATFISH LMFAO,, Nah sorry you would not believe the size of this flathead, all this and didnt take any pics too excited. Anyways we composed ourselves

went back to the beach which was only a few meters back , gave him or her a measure :1yikes: ,, had only a old spring scale :1yikes: Took some pics but only on a shi**ty mobile sorry guys,, One came out :( I wanted to take him home and stuff him but we let him go,, now i hold my regards to Bobbin Head as a promising big Flathead grounds up their with Lake Conjola and my good old Wallis Lakes

Sorry did i forget the Measurements and weight :yahoo:

post-607-1193654319_thumb.jpg

Any one want to take a guess at the length and weight

Bye the way Mate is 185cm

will let you know wednesday

Or maybe if you want to make it a competition say two prizes one for closest length and for weight

Prize of some fishing dvds [backups]

Mods if allowed will put in a new thread tomorrow ???

some pics

post-607-1193653676_thumb.jpg

post-607-1193653708_thumb.jpg

post-607-1193653765_thumb.jpg

top fish mate!! well done! are you the one thats holding it?? you didnt play footy for hornsby this year did you? just look a bit familiar...

My guess 108cm...

Congrats again!

hey dicko Nah its not me my mate Deo did play footy for Normanhurst and Hornsby awhile back

We had a ball catching the reds fellas the lizard just took the cake

we just went home afterwards

By the way No ones close yet especially in weight

129cm's

16.5kgs

i wish

Ok wont to know the size

Length 116 cm ,, 7.2 kilos

Deschanel

Nice fish guys! my guess is 114cm on the flatty

give me a pm and send you off a dvd

[/color]Anyone wants some dvds too have about 10-15 titles

First ten pms with addy will get some and will let you know what i got

to choose from

cheers

:thumbup: What a flathead mate . Vass (Bigfoot) was only saying tonight when we down at Maroubra that the big flathead on the Hawkesbury must be way up river. So it looks like way up river for the missing school jew maybe?

Hawkesbury Buoy that sure was a memorable catch mate and you can never rule out Bobbin Head when baitfish are abundant, that's for sure.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

:thumbup: What a flathead mate . Vass (Bigfoot) was only saying tonight when we down at Maroubra that the big flathead on the Hawkesbury must be way up river. So it looks like way up river for the missing school jew maybe?

Hawkesbury Buoy that sure was a memorable catch mate and you can never rule out Bobbin Head when baitfish are abundant, that's for sure.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thanks for that jewgaffer and everyone else for the replys

Have seen them at foster near the lakes pool years ago gliding around the pylons and they were big

have caught blackfish and have seen flathead come up to the surface and bite them in half

Also i think the record for biggest flathead standing years ago was in the Foster pub 21 lbs

Also i still think my mates flatty was a lot heavier scale was a bit dodgy i think but happy in deed

at that weight

All that and no more boat :( now have to be a desperate landbased again :wife:

Also anymore takers on the dvds 5 to go pm me