My New Pride And Joy

davester28

I ummed and aahed, dithered and vacillated ... but when the Aussie dollar hit US$0.91, I bit the bullet, put my marriage at risk, and ordered it.

Mr Suzuki was most helpful in every possible way and within the week, the mail boy at work had dropped this off at my desk.

branzinorod2yf9.jpg

branzinorod1vb7.jpg

branzinorod3bk9.jpg

My new pride and joy: 8 ft 2 long, rated 12 - 20 lb (although, somewhat disturbingly, its PE rating is only 0.8 - 1.2), cast weight 5 - 24 g (perfect for unweighted Slug-gos), SVF Compile-X multi-layered blank (whatever the heck that means) and, seriously, light as a feather. I have bream rods heavier than this thing. A perfect match for the Branzino 3000 reel.

Will be my new #1 combo for targetting schooling kings and other pelagics this season. Should be able to cast unweighted plastics a mile. May or may not catch me more fish, but as I'm boatless and my time on the water somewhat limited, wanted to maximise my enjoyment while I'm out there.

Mr Suzuki offered me an additional "combo" discount if I purchased the Branzino reel as well, so I bought that too (somehow, justifying to myself that I needed another 3000 sized reel).

Sorry for waffling, guys, just so excited I had to tell someone. Now, please nobody tell my :wife: !!!

Thanks guys, I just hope I can catch decent enough fish to justify the purchase. Then again, with my level of angling skill, I need all the help I can get! :1prop:

Ceph, not sure, what guides are on it. According to the Plat website: Fuji MNST type, LDB Titanium frame???

Dave seriously I need one of those ask this Mr Suzuki if he'll take cabcharge.

Tell him I will definately take the whole $1200 Branzino combo, like business is business and he can book it up as a cab ride :lol:

jewgaffer :D

Edited by jewgaffer

All class :thumbup:

I'd love to put that outfit through its paces on some rat kings.

Its amazing how dear this spin tackle can get :1yikes: . For less than $1200 you can get a Tiagra 50W and rollered T-Curve rod. Somethings not quite right here :1prop:

Cheers

Red

Must admit...very very nice looking outfit......too nice to put in a boat and use...should be up a a mantle peice....

David....do you klnow any Jap sites where i can get Smith rods from??

Hi Netic, check your PMs. Not sure if I am breaching site rules otherwise.

• 3 months later...

david,

not sure if you know but the commonly accepted conversion of 10:1 for mono poundage to PE number really isn't accurate. 15:1 is roughly the reality as you will see on many of the japanese manufacturer sites. so as you will note by your new rod ratings, PE #0.8 - #1.2 rates as roughly 12 to 18lb nylon. you will also see this with the upper quality braids rating their lines in both pound and PE#, for example daiwa's 40lb - PE #2.5.

and yes, that is a fine looking piece of gear. one thing i have learned - buy the best you can afford.

barker.

devil unless my eyesight is failing me the rod/reel combo is a Daiwa Saltiga withan 6500 EXP reel !

hey briaidbuster..

it morethan branzino 10"9ml 8-16lb 2piece rod, reel is Certate 3500HD with RCS round knob/ saltiga knob uprade !!!!

this picture show he fish on the beach..