North Of Browns 10/10/017

sanger

Hey everybody,

After last weekends efforts on no regrets we thought we better give the trolling thing a second crack! We left roseville at about 6 and pinned straight out to north head in the hope of seeing some more slimy mackrel busting up on the surface, we found some boil ups quickly and gave it a quick flick with a 10 gram raider.... what we failed to notice in our haste was they were the salmon making a come back rather than the slimies we had hoped for after the first "slimy" started peeling off a fair amount of drag!!!! we caught enough salmon to sink a ship over the last 2 months so decided not to waste anymore time and headed straight for our little patch of blue north of browns!

By the time we got there and had the lures in the water it was only 9ish, so we threw out some small skirts to see if there was any albacore around and then 2 big ones on the riggers! We boated one stripey pretty quickly and thought bugger it lets put all the big lures out straight away! We were quickly rewarded with our first fin of the day..... he was only a little jellybean of about 8-10 kilos but it was a start(yeah i know after last week im getting picky!) We picked up that fin on a tiny little bait school so we figured we were in the right spot again!

We didnt get a hit for about an hour after that but then all hell broke loose and this is where i get kinda fogy on the details but i think first it was another yellowfin of around 12 kilos then a double hookup!!!!Cliff was onto a dollie, he got his dollie to the boat pretty quickly after a nice aerobatics display. I was spewing that he got a dollie cause i thought i must have been onto a fin after mine went deep, you see I have been waiting to settle a score with dolphin fish after a few years ago in fiji i had a big bull of around 2m jump out of the water by about a meter then smack my lure only to get off 1 minute into the fight!!!! Well when i started to see colour i was stoked!!!! I was onto a dollie to and it was a bigger one!!!! Clifff measured his and it went 95ish cm and i could see mine was bigger!!!! well after one stray gafff shot which left my fish with half a dorcile fin the second gaff shot connected and the fish was boated! While it wasn't a 2m bull it was a good size dollie of around 120cm.

We quickly got the fish on ice and started to work our patch of bait again, over the next few hours we boated another 6 yellowfin all within the 12-18 kilo range! All this by 1oclock!!!! Then it went quiet for about half an hour and we were starting to think about heading home but just then i saw a flying fish go flying across our wake and i called out "i bet there is more dollies here....." just as i finished my sentence i saw a big fin go darting towards our wake which had to be some kind of marlin and the then one of the reels started screaming!!!!!! :thumbup: could this day get any better!!!! But unfortunately after the first run it started to come to the boat all to easily and when we got colour we realised that a yellowfin had beaten the marlin to it!!!!!! I know that sounds like a good conselattion prize but ive never been hooked to a marlin before so i was a little disapointed when we boated the 14ish kilo fin!!! Not to be detured we threw the lures out quick smart in the hope the beakie would still be lurking around and before we got 2 of the 4 lures all the way out one was hit and the reel was loosing line pretty quick, snorky was on strike this time and 10-15 minutes later had our biggest fin of the day on board at about 20 something kilos!

After that we decided to head for home as we had caught more than our fair share of fish and while it would have been good to get onto a marlin we didnt want to damage or kill anymore yellowfin..... there was however plenty more there for the taking to as the last fin we boated had about 5 mates following him up and they all appeared bigger, so they were definitly still on the chew and it was only 2pm!!!!! So there you have it my best days fishing ever and one that i will not soon forget!!!!!

post-4037-1194692029_thumb.jpg

post-4037-1194692078_thumb.jpg

post-4037-1194692210_thumb.jpg

Well done boys......

the dollies will be a nice change to y/fin on the dinner table

in the fishlexic household.......yum yum.....

i think's you may be right and the first marlin to no regrets is not to far from happening

won't there be some excitment, chaos,and mass panic hitting the decks

when that happens......

can't wait and look forward to read that report when it unfolds.......

good on ya boys......... hope tomorrow if your heading out is as productive...

Cheers Warnie.....

Well done boys......

the dollies will be a nice change to y/fin on the dinner table

in the fishlexic household.......yum yum.....

i think's you may be right and the first marlin to no regrets is not to far from happening

won't there be some excitment, chaos,and mass panic hitting the decks

when that happens......

can't wait and look forward to read that report when it unfolds.......

good on ya boys......... hope tomorrow if your heading out is as productive...

Cheers Warnie.....

thanks warnie i hope to it is the right season i think this is going to be a great summer :1prop:

Thanks for all the replys guys!!!! the puzel is definitely coming together! As for the water temp mr magoo even though its probably a bit late for you, the last 2 weeks 19.8 has been where all the strikes have come from. we have found hotter and colder but for some reason thats been producing the goods! Yesterday we were on a small temp brake but the water was very blue, we trolled all the way to browns from our spot but the water just got greener and greener. I know that doesnt mean your not going to get fish but all our hits have been in the deep blue stuff so we went straight back up after spending minimal time at browns!

Hope everyone heading out today gets into some action!!!!!!

Warnie the mahi went down very nicely with a few coronas last night let me tell you!!!!! My girlfriends parents cant believe that im finally bringing home fish to eat and to weeks in a row!!!!!!

Edited by fishlexic

Another great report guys......some awesome action off Sydney the last few weeks...heaps of Albacore and YFT and now good size Dollies......Gotta get out there soon

Thanks netic!!!! Yeah its ben a good last few weeks for us with saturday definitely being my best days fishing ever!!!!! You been getting into any kings????

Thanks netic!!!! Yeah its ben a good last few weeks for us with saturday definitely being my best days fishing ever!!!!! You been getting into any kings????

havent been fishing much over the past few weeks....last week just went for a squidding session and yesterday went out for a boat test with my mate...hoping to get back into serious fishing this weekend or the next one..