Soft Plastic Rods...

Golden Monk

There are so many brands that you can consider to use for SP, depending on your budget. I use the Strudwick Sictik 1-3Kg that costs around $149 (if ya quick enough, go down to Gowings - Fishing Dept near Wynyard station, they are having 30% sale XMAS of all rods, I saw mine in there). I also use Daiwa Procaster Z rods, but they are a bit dearer.

Generally speaking, you need a rod that has a light action tip that can throw a 5 gram lure with ease, dont get the one that is too whippy though. I find that the spinning one of these, you can throw far with ease, compare to the baitcaster ones.

If you have a bit more $ to throw around, go to Baits R Us at the Entrance, have a chat to Chuck, I made a custom made one, using Samurai blank and all Fuji guides, butt...They will make one to your specific needs. I am very happy with mine. PM me, I will see if I can find the address and number for you.

Best bet is to get in touch with Allen Glover at Shearwater Rods who also happens to be both an active member, and site sponsor.

I have 2 Allen Glover rods and they are a class act. You will be pleasantly surprised at the quality that he can turn out at what I believe is a very reasonable price.

Give him a call and talk through your requirements, he will point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

byron

With a budget like that do yourself a favour & speak to Allen of Shearwater. He built me a great SP outfit which is a pleasure to use & with the reel added it worked out at around the $500 mark. Its well worth waiting a little while & getting a great stick rather than dashing out & buying a good one.

Go the Shearwater :thumbup:

Geez,who needs pro anglers with support like that :biggrin2:

Thanks for all the positive feedback fella's its humbling to know my work is so appreciated.

Golden monk with that budget there is no probs building you a single stick to suit all your needs that will also leave you with enough change to buy a good reel to match. if your interested drop me a PM here, email at aglover@shearwaterrods.com.au or simply call me on 02 43421829

Edited by allen glover