Brisbane Water Cranking Again

shan777

Hey everyone, you may remember my post of my personal best flattie of 80cm from the woy woy area-

well today i didn't actually beat it, i got another 80cm monster!!!!! HA HA!!!!

post-5515-1195384263_thumb.jpg

This one was caught on a 5" jerk shad poddy mullet around rip bridge.

Also caught a 51cm, 42cm, and 4 other legals............ plus ........ my new PB bream at 40cm..... wait for it... on the same 5" jerk shad- never would of picked a bream to hit it!

post-5515-1195384287_thumb.jpg

So great day on the water, the old lady went back to the depths to keep breeding, we got a good feed of flattie's, and my newly modified tinnie ws a dream ( the details in boating forum soon to come)

post-5515-1195384275_thumb.jpg

One other thing i'd like to add- i am gettin so sick of seeing people taking bucket loads of undersize fish. I am seriously considering getting a fishing inspector uniform and making them put them back. I think we all need to be bold and let people know where they're goin wrong.

post-5515-1195384275_thumb.jpg

One other thing i'd like to add- i am gettin so sick of seeing people taking bucket loads of undersize fish. I am seriously considering getting a fishing inspector uniform and making them put them back. I think we all need to be bold and let people know where they're goin wrong. fishing with a friend from a wharf a fewyears back we seen someone doing the same thing keeping small snapper one after another putting them into a bucket of water not happy my mate went over to have a word and guess what? no speak english im watching my mate using hand gestures telling him he cant keep them and to put em back but the guy insisted he couldnt understand so withnothing else left to do he picked up the bucket and released them himself hehe problem solved this method isnt everyones cup of tea though

Top effort mate. Seeing that flattie picture sure makes me feel good. Keep up the good work. Have to agree with you about those undersize fish not being released. Education and spreading the word and a decent fine would also help.

Cheers BART :1fishing1:

you are on fire man.... beware of releasing other ppls fish i kicked two dudes bucket full of undersize blackfish mullet and tailor off the wall at the entrance and almost got stabbed beware lol now i don't care what other people do

that is a big lure for a legal flatty let alone a bream, still i have seen some horse bream caught on poddys

nice fish great effort

ian

Shan,

Well done, RayR and I were planning a flatty attack on Sunday but opted for an outside bash off Terrigal. We ended up with 6 Sampsons and I got a suspected broken finger after falling out of the transom into the drink. We should of stayed inside ouch!!!!!! Ray wants me to strap my hand in the shape of a cup so I can still fish, gota love ya mates eh.

Regards Hutch

G'day Shaun77,

Top flathead mate, and great to see you let the big girl go :thumbup: At this time of year so many greedy anglers knock the big breeders on the head for bragging rights back at the ramp. A nice, sharp digi pic like you took last far longer than a few fillets and a pile of roe. Top effort, I hope a few more anglers follow your led.

Cheers

Phil

G'day all. Please be aware of the site rules.

Site rule 2

"No posts on illegal fishing activity of any kind be it illegal methods or exceeding bag limits or undersize fish".

Site rule 15

"No criticism of legal catches and/or inappropriate imposing of C&R views in fishing reports"

Please stick to them.

Cheers,

Grant.

G'day all. Please be aware of the site rules.

Site rule 2

"No posts on illegal fishing activity of any kind be it illegal methods or exceeding bag limits or undersize fish".

Site rule 15

"No criticism of legal catches and/or inappropriate imposing of C&R views in fishing reports"

Please stick to them.

Cheers,

Grant.

where the hell are the rules? looked but can't find

sorry, had no idea!!!

Thought'd be totally normal to keep chatting and upholding a fishing culture that is LEGAL. Don't see that as an issue. How would that create arguments?

Site rules have been put in place in the best interest of the Fishraider forums & the majority of it's members You would be amazed at where a discussion like that goes. I have seen it & it does get ugly. :ranting2:

You will find that a very large percentage of our members are law abiding fishos.

Lets keep the focus of this thread on your fine efforts on the fish. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.