More Beach Fishing Pics

sails

post-3378-1195563464_thumb.jpgHi All,

I headed out to my current favourite beach again to use the last of the worms that I had caught on Sunday evening.

I hit the beach about 1700, and the wind was more on sure than yesterday, meaning the weed was closer in and blocking access to the spot I fished yesterday.

I tried at the northern end and as usual with a small rod, I let the bait drift along the beach and just followed it along. It wasnt too long before I felt the first bites and landed the first dart, which was returned. I concentrated on that spot and soon felt the solid bite of something a bit more promising, but the hook failed to set. After missing about 4 fish, I changed hooks and was rewarded with the first of 5 nice bream for the evening. They give a good account of themselves on a small rig. The good thing was that they were happy to take worms that were past their best , and when the bait was finished, so was I. Not often that all you get on the beach is bream, usually it is a mixed bag.

tight lines

Sails

Well done, Sails - Top Catch! I haven't tried the beach fishing much lately - must get into it again!

Fish for Tea - Christine will be happy!

Gee they put up a good fight, too - they look a nice size - how long did they go?

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

the bream were all 30cm, and as Roosterman said, all were well thick!! Interestingly they were not in the gutter but further out in the deeper water on the other side of the sand bank. The day before, the bream was 35cm and I heard this evening from one of the guys that lots of them are being caught in the upper reaches of Narrabeen lake, 35cm, on prawns.

Steve,

they were still on the bite, but it was slowing and I didnt have any SPs' with me. I'm still more comfortable with bait for some reason, guess I havent put in enough time to gain confidence yet with the SPs'.

Christos, Nextos and Shan777,

its always a good day when you get out to do what we all like to do, isnt it; especially when you bring home the goods.

cheers and tight lines

Sails

Quote Sails

Steve,

they were still on the bite, but it was slowing and I didnt have any SPs' with me. I'm still more comfortable with bait for some reason, guess I havent put in enough time to gain confidence yet with the SPs'.

.......................................................................................................................................................

Tht's a real nice haul of bream you got there Sails. Good size bream those ! They are foot longers on the old scale.

It would be very interesting to see how a soft plastics guy goes up against a bait fisherman like yourself in the same spots. I wouldn't mind taking, my grandson little jewgaffer for a drive up there and sitting on the beach in my foldup chair and having a look at a friendly session like that.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

HI Jewgaffer,

that is a great idea; lets see what we can put together. Work tomorrow will keep me off the beach during low tide, so I'll hit it up late Saturday morning for some worms. We could try for a session Sat or Sun afternoon, or after work during the week. PM me for contact details.

cheers

Sails