Middle Harbour Flattie

zen801

Hi raiders,

I installed a fishfinder a couple of days ago and have been sick of looking at it so jumped into the tinnie for a quick test run.

Checked all my spots and a few more. After ten years of fishing these spots it was good to see the bottom. Checked out a few spots on the way home that were holding fish. They can wait till next time.

Scored a couple of tailor and snapper. Kept the tailor for slab bait then got hit on a pillie and after a good fight brought up this approx 70cm flattie. Quick pic then back into the water for a few more breeding cycles.

All up i am happy with the m717 Hummingbird although i think i should of installed a bit lower as it kicks up a bit of a roosters tail when powering along.

Good to see fellow raider fishlexic out there. Sorry Craig i couldnt talk but just as you cruised past the misses rang saying "What the XXXX were are ya".

Cheers all :thumbup:

post-2060-1195723967_thumb.jpg

no worries mike,

we were heading off to do some squiding after loosing one or two yakkas to choppers (we think)

Ended up with about 20 squid under the spit but it was hard work cause of the amount of water flowing under the bridge and a couple of little taylor....... i only just walked in the door now! Ive got to be up at 5 to drive down to golbourne tomorrow so not much sleep for me!!!!

Nice to finaly see whats going on under you now i bet!!!!! I find it pretty hard to fish without a sounder now after relying on them so much!!!!! See you on the water again soon no doubt! Oh yeah nice flattie to!!! :thumbup:

Hey what a beautiful Flattie Mike!!!

Im a bit useless with the ole sounder ,

i even pulled out the instruction book out last night

to have a look at the various attributes it had.

One interesting thing it said was 2D is much better for determining bottom

hardness ,texture and locating structure/details. 3D gives you a good overall feel

for the terrain and target location........

So i still use the 2D because the amount of times ive caught fish and

nothing is showing on the sounder definately outweighs the times

it has shown fish.

Well done again mate top Flattie for an experimental run !!

Cheers

Jason

Zenman,

Fantastic Flattie!!!! :thumbup:

Seems to be the BIG Flattie time of the year.. just looked at the FOTM Competition and the majority of entries are humungous lizards! :biggrin2:

Our transducer kicks up a bit of a tail when we are underway. Doesn't seem to bother it.

Hi There,

Nice fish!

I have also recently bought a sounder and want to attach it to my tinny. Trouble is i can't even drive a nail straight, any tips on installation?

Did you use stainless screws? Can you actually stick them to your boat with those suction cup things?

Do you have power from your engine or do you have a battery set up?

I will need to set up a battery. Any tips of brands or types of battery i should buy?

Thanks

Ted

Hi There,

Nice fish!

I have also recently bought a sounder and want to attach it to my tinny. Trouble is i can't even drive a nail straight, any tips on installation?

Did you use stainless screws? Can you actually stick them to your boat with those suction cup things?

Do you have power from your engine or do you have a battery set up?

I will need to set up a battery. Any tips of brands or types of battery i should buy?

Thanks

Ted

hi Ted,

i dont know the set-up of your tinnie but i made a small console

and installed the sounder to it .( he is a pic - if that helps).

All power comes from small deep cycle battery.(lasts for days on 1 charge)

Edited by pops punt