Test Pic

Lance.S

Guest Jocool

Hope you don't mind Lance...I couldn't leave you laying on your side so I straightened the pic for you! :thumbup:

Awesome flatty by the way, and welcome to the site. Any details on its capture? ie. location and method?

Hi all

Just trying to work out how to post pics with my new digital.

This is a Flattie I caught in Lake Mac a couple of days ago.

Sorry in advance if it doesn't work. 

Cheers,Lance.

25608[/snapback]

Hi Lance,

Welcome to Fishraider :thumbup:

Mate what did that lizard measure?

And what type of Camera where you using?

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Jocool, thanks for staightening the pic - appreciated :thumbup:

I caught it on a Grass Minnow S #115 Pearl/Smoke Glitter Back, fished on a 3/32oz Shirasu Head.

I took it from near "the drop off", a top flattie spot where the channel enters the lake itself.

Snag, I didn't measure him. My new digi is a Sony Cybershot (DSC-P73), 4.1 mega pixels - 3 x Optical Zoom.

Cheers.Lance.

Top fish Lance.

I saw you up on the Lake Mac a few weeks ago. Its really hard to miss your boat. I was in the purple Elegant Boat.

Have you got any pointers on the bream up there? We have pulled a few small to average ones but thats about all. Its just such a huge waterway its hard to know where to start.

Hi Jethro.

I know what you mean about it being a huge waterway, even I do a bit of head scratching each time I head out to as where the bream will be "this time".

I generally try one side of the lake and if they are not there zip over to the other side. I try not to spend to much time in the one spot, if I am not getting anything almost straight away it usally means there not there.

I know it seems like a bit of tail chasing, but you need to be able to find the fish to catch them.

Lake Mac is blessed with some of the best deep weed beds around. Try finding some of those that grow lush down to about 4m, and thats where they hide out.

You can often pick up a few decent size squire as well.

And also if using Fireline as a main line try increasing your leader length to around 2-3 metres and no more than six pound. Lake mac bream are some of the spookiest around, due to lake being crystal clear. I generally pick up mine off long casts.

Big Bob, like Jethro said its hard to miss me.

Cheers.Lance.