When The Marlin Are Off The Bream Are On....

Boban

We were supposed to be fishing for Marlin out of Port Stephens this week but the weather was not kind to us so we substituted a day on the Hawkesbury in Stewy's Polycraft.

We got 4 over 30cm+ models and a number of smaller models caught mostly on the top of the water. All in all a good day on the water especially early on. Later the fish went somewhat off the chew and we decided to call it a day.

Thanks to Stewy for his gracious offer to come aboard his boat for the day. The way I've been going lately, I can sell the boats and just become a professional non-boater.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves..........

How's the serenity.

post-4273-1201072824_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1201072684_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1201072721_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1201072740_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1201072773_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1201072797_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1201072841_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the great company Mitch.

It was a shame we couldnt chase the beakies ,but it wont be long until we are all together at Port to get your first marlin :biggrin2:

Fantastic weather today and fishing with a mate just makes it all worth while.

We fished a lot of shore line today and the bite was good early,but tapered off pretty quick :(

At least the battery didnt shit itself again :074:

Here are a few of Mitch's captures.

post-256-1201076203_thumb.jpg

post-256-1201076212_thumb.jpg

post-256-1201076220_thumb.jpg

post-256-1201076229_thumb.jpg

post-256-1201076238_thumb.jpg

post-256-1201076247_thumb.jpg

Mitch has the goods on the bream on the mini vibes as well :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Looks like you and Stew had a pretty relaxing day fishing for bream instead of getting rolled around and mixing it with the Marlin at Port Stevens ay Mitch. What made you opt out of the trip to Port Stevens. Was a big wind on the cards up there or was the swell bigger than expected?

Going on the background Stewy certainly found you some good spots up in the creek to get onto all those bream on lures like that. :thumbup:

I would have cheated and dropped a couple of baits out the back as the corners around that little alcove with the rocks in the background looks pretty good to me for flathead near the top and the run back.

Is the Cruise Craft still up at Port Stevens Mitch. If so are youse going up there to have another go at the Marlin?

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Swording i was out in cowan yesterday morning aswell, at around 6:30-8:30.

What parts of Cowan? Near Apple tree?

Cheers,

Mike

That would be the one Mike :biggrin2:

NIce one guys.

Another great day out on the cow I see.

I can't wait to get back out there, such a relaxing day out there, well until a 40+cm grabs the lure! :biggrin2:

Greg

Can you believe I couldn't remember most the places you took me as it was hard to keep my eyes open at 120 kph.

I did however remember the techniques and lures.

I'm itching to get back out again, that top water stuff has got the mind wandering.