No Marlin At South West Rocks

kiwi waynie

Hi Folks,

The title basicaly says it all, just got back from one week up there with Sea Rabbit and Spooled Again. Day 1 water temps touching a massive 28 deg, took a run to Fish Rock to find 19 deg. By the end of the week most of Trial Bay was 23 deg. Bar crossings were heart in the mouth kinda stuff, no marlin caught while we were there, got one slimey bill wacked, heaps of sharks stuff all bait. I'll post a report on all the good stuff when i get the photos, most probably tomorrow night. We heard that the locals from SWR have been heading down to Port Stevens and going quite well. Oh well thats fishin ain't it, still had a great time.

Lata Raida's.

Waynie.

Hi Folks,

The title basicaly says it all, just got back from one week up there with Sea Rabbit and Spooled Again. Day 1 water temps touching a massive 28 deg, took a run to Fish Rock to find 19 deg. By the end of the week most of Trial Bay was 23 deg. Bar crossings were heart in the mouth kinda stuff, no marlin caught while we were there, got one slimey bill wacked, heaps of sharks stuff all bait. I'll post a report on all the good stuff when i get the photos, most probably tomorrow night. We heard that the locals from SWR have been heading down to Port Stevens and going quite well. Oh well thats fishin ain't it, still had a great time.

Lata Raida's.

Waynie.

unlucky waynie, ive got a few mates up there now and as yet they havent been able to get across the bar and its not looking promising for the rest of the week. one boat aparently went out yesterday and they thought it was going to flip on is top.

look forward to the pics of the good stuff, hopefully some good cobes or kings or both.

That Was Probably Us,

Got a bad run back in Back Creek after the wind got up. As a early report cause Kingies would be bustin to know 3 cobia, 2 yellow fin, and two sharks

great stuff mate, at least some good fish were caught and now i definately cant wait for the pics. well done.

That Was Probably Us,

Got a bad run back in Back Creek after the wind got up. As a early report cause Kingies would be bustin to know 3 cobia, 2 yellow fin, and two sharks

Hi Waynie

didnt get a chance did you????????

to have a reef bash at all...... would of thought there'd be some hungry snapper swimming around up there that would of been willing to play ball.....

Cheers Warnie

....That Was Probably Us, Got a bad run back in Back Creek after the wind got up....

OMG Wayne

You guys take care! No fish is worth flipping the boat or putting yourselves in danger!! I will be up SWR at the end of the month for about 10 days from 15th, based at Trial Bay Gaol Campground. There will be a bunch of kayakers up there, hoping to get into some marlin or cobia ..... if the seas back off by then ..... otherwise just fishing the river, creek, beach or rocks.

Roberta

Hi Folks,

Lata Raida's.

Waynie.

C'mon Wayne it wasn't that bad Brett only looked behind once coming in :074: