Good Week Of Fishing

GregL

Fishing the Australian open bream comp a few weeks ago I saw some nice looking weed growing on some rocks, this week JustinP and I changed that weed into some nice Parra river blackfish. There were some crackers in them and bit right threw the rain and some big bags caught.

Here is a medium one from one of the sessions when there was no rain.

post-3563-1202213388_thumb.jpg

Monday,during the rain and wind, I took Patty up to sample the surface action on the bream. With the rain fall pretty consistant I didn't think we would have a great day but might catch a few. Well we got into them alright!

Man these fish are in condition, the average was big for a 5 bag, and man did they pull hard!

NOthing better than watching 5 bream come out to eat your lure and the smallest eats it, well when this was the smallest in that pack!

post-3563-1202213748_thumb.jpg

Fishing the Australian open bream comp a few weeks ago I saw some nice looking weed growing on some rocks, this week JustinP and I changed that weed into some nice Parra river blackfish. There were some crackers in them and bit right threw the rain and some big bags caught.

Here is a medium one from one of the sessions when there was no rain.

post-3563-1202213388_thumb.jpg

Monday,during the rain and wind, I took Patty up to sample the surface action on the bream. With the rain fall pretty consistant I didn't think we would have a great day but might catch a few. Well we got into them alright!

Man these fish are in condition, the average was big for a 5 bag, and man did they pull hard!

NOthing better than watching 5 bream come out to eat your lure and the smallest eats it, well when this was the smallest in that pack!

post-3563-1202213748_thumb.jpg

Well done! Great breambo mate! whereabouts where u fishing? looks a bit like cowan, bobbin head area?

poppers?

Well done! Great breambo mate! whereabouts where u fishing? looks a bit like cowan, bobbin head area?

poppers?

Yeah that was up at Cowan.

We fished poppers threw out the whole day.

With the wind and rain, big splashy poppers worked best.

Better lures for the day were the Lucky Craft Bevy Pop, Team Diawa Zero's, River 2 Sea bubble pop 45's and even the Rico Yellow Magic got a good workout and was the largest lure we threw.

G

Top effort! :thumbup:

Looks like i need ot get myself poppers... thanks for the finer details...

Any colours in particular producing the better results?

Have you had any luck in the area with SPs?

Just recently bought myself a lil tinny and am favouring the more closed waters for obvious reasons...

The Cowan looks like becoming my local hunting ground.. no real success in the area on plastics yet

(only been out twice) except for an undersized flounder on some gulps...

everything else i've thrown down gets mauled right down to the hook... i'm guessing theres quite a few lil Leatherjackets about?

Cheers,

AJ

Yeah that was up at Cowan.

We fished poppers threw out the whole day.

With the wind and rain, big splashy poppers worked best.

Better lures for the day were the Lucky Craft Bevy Pop, Team Diawa Zero's, River 2 Sea bubble pop 45's and even the Rico Yellow Magic got a good workout and was the largest lure we threw.

G

Top effort! :thumbup:

Any colours in particular producing the better results?

Have you had any luck in the area with SPs?

everything else i've thrown down gets mauled right down to the hook... i'm guessing theres quite a few lil Leatherjackets about?

Cheers,

AJ

Colours, not really. Most of my poppers are either natural greens and browns or clear.

Yes plastics work but as you know the jackets are crazy up there. It's cheaper to throw hard bodies than go threw 5-6packs of plastics per session.

Fish the rock walls and target the points ;)

G

Magic.

The best part of our day was when I watched those fish follow your lure before one of them smashed it. I can only imagine the size of the others when that is the smallest one. Like I said then, worth the price of admission on its own.

Awesome mate. Awesome.

I get my boat back this week and I will hit the water ASAP. I'm itchin' for another topwater session.

See ya soon.

Colours, not really. Most of my poppers are either natural greens and browns or clear.

Yes plastics work but as you know the jackets are crazy up there. It's cheaper to throw hard bodies than go threw 5-6packs of plastics per session.

Fish the rock walls and target the points ;)

G

Thanks for the tips.. appreciate it..

any other species in the area worth targeting? any flatties lurking in any of the many bays around?

Cheers once again..

AJ

Thanks for the tips.. appreciate it..

any other species in the area worth targeting? any flatties lurking in any of the many bays around?

Cheers once again..

AJ

Hey AJ

Most of the bays have a sand flat at the back of them, find where the yabbie holes are and fish the drop off with larger plastics and you will get them.

There are good salmon schools busting up every now and then so it's always good to have a sluggo rigged and ready.

G

Hey Greg

What kind of depths do you use surface lures? Guessing shallow flats and the likes

Thanks Randall

Hi Randall

I fish the natural rock walls, the fish usually hit it within the first few metres of the rocks. So I guess from 1/2m-4m deep.

I usually only fish the flats areas as I cross them to get to the other side of the bay to the next set of rocks.

Greg