Where Is The Deepest Part In The Hawkesbury?

luffyjnr

I've fished a fair bit of the river, and would love to know where fisho's have hit the deepest parts

Hi Luffy, I don't mind letting people know about these two spots.

There is over 70 feet right near the shoreline at the point of Gunyah and the water drops into 85 feet on the bridge side and almost directly behind the first isolated pylon at the Rail Bridge on the Newcastle side, both holes are in casting distance from the shore

There's a lot of reef freeks waiting for as many baits that can be sent down to them at both these spots. Those critters are insatiable and besides that you will get a chance to look at the many new forms of uni knots that can be tied in braid line by the eels :lol:

Hope that helps and besides that an occasional big jew is known to really crack a bait before it goes right down into the eel pit :D

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Hi Luffy, I don't mind letting people know about these two spots.

There is over 70 feet right near the shoreline at the point of Gunyah and the water drops into 85 feet on the bridge side and almost directly behind the first isolated pylon at the Rail Bridge on the Newcastle side, both holes are in casting distance from the shore

There's a lot of reef freeks waiting for as many baits that can be sent down to them at both these spots. Those critters are insatiable and besides that you will get a chance to look at the many new forms of uni knots that can be tied in braid line by the eels :lol:

Hope that helps and besides that an occasional big jew is known to really crack a bait before it goes right down into the eel pit :D

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

i noticed that deep stuff off the point at gunya myself a few weeks back, we only managed snags and a bust off from a believed hammer.

i noticed that deep stuff off the point at gunya myself a few weeks back, we only managed snags and a bust off from a believed hammer.

Yes Adrian you'll find a lot of hammers down there alright, bopping them with a hammer is the only way to get your hooks back, a shotgun usually breaks the leader :lol:

Cheers

jewgaffer :074:

Gunyah Point is a very strange place to fish. Years ago it really fired. The last few times I have been there we have sat there for nothing - even though we were fishing with same bait and same tides as the times we have had success. It's never had the reputation Juno and F&S have, but it used to deliver Jewfish and good Bream. More likely to lose your anchor there than go home with fish these days.

Do you think it is strange that spots change over the years? Can anyone else nominate a spot that is no longer productive.....?

:fisher:

Gunyah Point is a very strange place to fish. Years ago it really fired. The last few times I have been there we have sat there for nothing - even though we were fishing with same bait and same tides as the times we have had success. It's never had the reputation Juno and F&S have, but it used to deliver Jewfish and good Bream. More likely to lose your anchor there than go home with fish these days.

Do you think it is strange that spots change over the years? Can anyone else nominate a spot that is no longer productive.....?

croppy point used to fire for jews although it would be 2 yrs since i've got one out of there now :fisher: