Georges River - Big Bream Day

majed1965

Hi All,

Decided to go for a quick afternoon session today while the sun was shining. Took my dad and nephew along.

Got to the boat ramp at 1:30pm and found the water a horrible brown colour. :angry:

This is normal considering all the rain we have had.

Proceeded to the Moons with lots of debri in the water including floating logs along the way (quite dangerous). Fished for 5 minutes with no bites, so decided to proceed to Como bridge.

First 1/2 hour not one single bite. Was contemplating moving further to Captain Cooks bridge, when suddenly got a big hit which took my hook. Oh damn... :angry:

Next cast immeditaely got a huge bite and hooked. A beautiful 32cm Bream.... :)

Next cast again, a 28cm Bream...you beauty.... :)

Nephew got into the action, and hooked 3 Bream between 26 & 30cm.... :)

Dad managed only one, but it was the biggest. A whopping 33cm Bream... :)

A great short session which landed us 8 Bream, with the smallest being 26cm...

Had to rush back to the ramp before the storm hits..... :angry:

Here are the pics....

post-2305-1202293792_thumb.jpg

post-2305-1202293819_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnno

Good stuff Majed. I must admit I'm quite surprised myself given the flooding of Milperra Road, but the way the debris and mud is running it looks like the bream have found a suitable spot to settle into and feed off the pickings.

Were there any other species caught Majed, any mullet?

Como Bridge is one of the most underestimate spots in the Georges and you certainly showed us all what results from good perseverence in doubtful circumstances. :thumbup:

Cheers and well done !

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I havent had much luck there for a while, but it does seem to be firing. Came home with 2 flatties and 3 bream, close to the bidge, on the 28th Jan. Last time i went there, about 6 weeks before, got absolutely nothing. I think the warmer water must have something to do with it. I also cam up with a theory that the fish are probably hungrier when its raining as there are no fisherman going around losing their bait. But then that would assume that fisherman are the fishes main food source, which isnt quite true.

Thanks Johnno for fixing pics...

I was very suprised i caught fish. The water colour was brown and for the first half hour we got no bites. Then we started getting big hits and started hauling the bream.

There were no other species caught. We didn't even catch any undersize bream. We caught 8 bream and the smallest was 26cm.

The Georges River had been quiet for many months....I have started to catch fish the last 3 weeks only.

Especially after the rain, i honestly didn't think i could catch anything but i went out to enjoy the little sunshine we had. As a bonus we caught 8 lovely bream.

Como is very much underestimated, but at times there are also big Jews and flatties to be caught.

Perserverence is a must in fishing. If you don't catch on the day, enjoy your time out there as it beats working.... :1prop:

Edited by Majed