Pt Stephens On Broadbill And Billfisher

Ross Hunter

Well the fishing has stayed reliable without being at its sparkling best. Both Glenn and myself are feeling a little battle weary from the long days and big seas , especially yesterday.( 25 knots and 3 metres) Luckily I was on the Maritimo 55 and that took some of the pain out of it.

We have now caught 55 marlin for the stay, best day 8 worst day none, we will have the place back to ourselves soon with all the boats leaving after the Interclub, so it will be great to be able to work a bait patch without the crowds.

The winning team in the Interclub was Newcastle Pt Stephens with 18 marlin tagged.... Winning Individual boat Gorilla skippered by my great friend Brett Thomas with 7 marlin over the three days Luke Fallon too on Kekoa also caught 7 but was relegated on a countback.

We caught 4 ( one out of time)and saw a few more I did find that after driving Broady for 20 years the big boat took some settling into,but it's back on my dear old girl Broadbill for the rest of the season and that will be nice .

I will miss putting the hammers down and calling on the 2000hp to get me home in 40 minutes but alas it was a wonderful experience to skipper the big Maritimo for the last couple of weeks. Something I will treasure for along time.

Roscoe

....feeling a little battle weary from the long days and big seas...but it's back on my dear old girl Broadbill for the rest of the season and that will be nice .

Roscoe

It will be a nice to see an old sea captain coming in for R & R and having a nice rest relaxing at home on Browns Mountain, ay Rosscoe :)

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well done Roscoe - gotta be happy with that!!! Not sure about the 25knots & 3m swells tho ...... for me it would have been blaaaaah over the side!

Bet you just can't wait for the weather to turn cold ..... & get back to some exciting fishing .... the blackies!!! :) :) :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Gday Ross, yes the seas were shocking for the Tourny, took time out at the Marina to look at the Maritimo, lovelly vessel but i can see how youd miss Broady, also laughing at your sked call yesterday morning. We also found it hard going actually hit the water at 800am being a 5.5m we only spent 4 hours on water and unfortunately couldnt get out wide, but had an awesome first tournament

Well done Ross and Glen,

In the last 3 years you have have given me fishing of a life time.

Including a Gram Slam and a tag and release of Marlin of 22 marlin in 3 days,

Also yellow fin and albacore and a 300kg blue marlin.

Look forward to a great day out again soon.

The Winch.

• 3 weeks later...

:05:

Well the fishing has stayed reliable without being at its sparkling best. Both Glenn and myself are feeling a little battle weary from the long days and big seas , especially yesterday.( 25 knots and 3 metres) Luckily I was on the Maritimo 55 and that took some of the pain out of it.

We have now caught 55 marlin for the stay, best day 8 worst day none, we will have the place back to ourselves soon with all the boats leaving after the Interclub, so it will be great to be able to work a bait patch without the crowds.

The winning team in the Interclub was Newcastle Pt Stephens with 18 marlin tagged.... Winning Individual boat Gorilla skippered by my great friend Brett Thomas with 7 marlin over the three days Luke Fallon too on Kekoa also caught 7 but was relegated on a countback.

We caught 4 ( one out of time)and saw a few more I did find that after driving Broady for 20 years the big boat took some settling into,but it's back on my dear old girl Broadbill for the rest of the season and that will be nice .

I will miss putting the hammers down and calling on the 2000hp to get me home in 40 minutes but alas it was a wonderful experience to skipper the big Maritimo for the last couple of weeks. Something I will treasure for along time.

Roscoe

:05:

Roscoe

Hi Roscoe

What a shame the fish aren,t about.

Maybe they will turn up soon and the Maroubra boys and I can get back up there and into them.

Gaz

Well done Ross and Glen,

In the last 3 years you have have given me fishing of a life time.

Including a Gram Slam and a tag and release of Marlin of 22 marlin in 3 days,

Also yellow fin and albacore and a 300kg blue marlin.

Look forward to a great day out again soon.

The Winch.

hey Winch

Lucky we aren,y there at the present.Hope the fish turn up soon.Gaz