Harbour Jigging Kings 3/3

Yabbiehunter

Hey all,

been seeing a lot of report of kings and initially was not going to post this report but with some persuasion from my friend mick(pictured) i put this quick report up. got livies in the morining both squid and yakkas were willing to participate in the days activities, the day started off slow and we moved countless times before we found the kings, when we did find them they would SMASH!!! the squid, all my squid did not last 30 min:mad: but we had a few kings to show for it, i was throwing out small yakkas as well with no sinker RIGHT ON THE KINGS and they would swim around it, no interest at all. i am not a fan of yakkas so i used up all my squid then i started throwing out the 250gram jigs......on my first cast it got followed by 2 yes 2 kings....hmmmz so i threw it out again and started ripping it back to the boat, instant hook up. every other cast had either a hook up or strike or follow was great, landed about 12 kings between 3 of us and the good thing about the jigging was that only the larger kings chase the jigs whilst the smaller ones (50-70cm) shy away from a jig of that size, my 2 friends who dont get into the kings much were amazed and had a great day learning that kings could be jigged inshore. i cant wait till this weekend when conditions look good so i can jig around the headlands. hope you guys like the pic....obviously there were more kings, but a man can only carry so much

By the way Mick Happy birthday....hope we can get out there this weekend and do it all again :1fishing1:

post-3509-1204552354_thumb.jpg

Great work Yabbie Hunter - sounds like a pretty good day out?

Can i ask how deep the water was that you were jigging them up in?

I have done some deep offshore jigging (70-80ms water) but jigging the harbour sounds like good fun. I even have a few jigs ready to go in my tackle box?

Hey all,

been seeing a lot of report of kings and initially was not going to post this report but with some persuasion from my friend mick(pictured) i put this quick report up. got livies in the morining both squid and yakkas were willing to participate in the days activities, the day started off slow and we moved countless times before we found the kings, when we did find them they would SMASH!!! the squid, all my squid did not last 30 min:mad: but we had a few kings to show for it, i was throwing out small yakkas as well with no sinker RIGHT ON THE KINGS and they would swim around it, no interest at all. i am not a fan of yakkas so i used up all my squid then i started throwing out the 250gram jigs......on my first cast it got followed by 2 yes 2 kings....hmmmz so i threw it out again and started ripping it back to the boat, instant hook up. every other cast had either a hook up or strike or follow was great, landed about 12 kings between 3 of us and the good thing about the jigging was that only the larger kings chase the jigs whilst the smaller ones (50-70cm) shy away from a jig of that size, my 2 friends who dont get into the kings much were amazed and had a great day learning that kings could be jigged inshore. i cant wait till this weekend when conditions look good so i can jig around the headlands. hope you guys like the pic....obviously there were more kings, but a man can only carry so much

By the way Mick Happy birthday....hope we can get out there this weekend and do it all again 1fishing1.gif

hahaha at least micky can catch more fish then his brother bernard, the only thing berny catches is a cold! hahahaa need to all go out for a fish! :)

Edited by ReAcT

Great work Yabbie Hunter - sounds like a pretty good day out?

Can i ask how deep the water was that you were jigging them up in?

I have done some deep offshore jigging (70-80ms water) but jigging the harbour sounds like good fun. I even have a few jigs ready to go in my tackle box?

Jim

all fish were caught between 9 and 12 meters in depth, i cant wait till the weekend to jig the headland, just look for the guy jigging like crazy and say hello.

Nice effort that..

What kinda jigs did you use for Kings?

Just some cheap ass Surecatch 250 gram jigs, you can get them anywhere.

well done on the kings. What size where they getting to?

the largest was 84cm, you will find the larger ones chase the jig whilst the smaller ones dont bother