Sydney Wide

plankton

Stable weather allowed for a fast trip to the shelf, but warmer water was to the south and not to the north which is where we were headed. Trolling without a strike was frustrating, especially as huge numbers of baitfish were jumping and hundreds of Dolphins & birds were active in the facinity of Browns Mountain. On the way in we came across a mystery FAD which held many smaller but legal Dolphin Fish. Trolling past it and a near-bye fish trap brought consistent action resulting in 12 nice fish. The water was warmer in close (23.7 degrees) and maybe another reason why the fish were holding there.

The water was a nice irredescent blue in colour...

post-3217-1205058973_thumb.jpg

post-3217-1205059036_thumb.jpg

post-3217-1205059075_thumb.jpg

post-3217-1205059114_thumb.jpg

post-3217-1205059150_thumb.jpg

Edited by plankton

Nice day out! I was wide out of Broken Bay on Sunday but 22 degree water from Lion Island out to the bait grounds (around 33 k's out).. Couldnt get the temp gauge to budge all morning!

I was experimenting with a bunch of new lures and quite happy with the setup now - looking forward to getting back out there.

The Broken Bay FAD was a carpark at 8am on Sunday morning - the only fish I saw landed were some smaller dollies taken on squid strips from a fish trap near the FAD.

I really need to invest in something (website membership?) or someway to track the water temps and current to save on fuel! Anyone with any suggestions??

I really need to invest in something (website membership?) or someway to track the water temps and current to save on fuel! Anyone with any suggestions??

Andy you're in luck! :thumbup:

Click on the BOM Oceanography link on the top of the page & all your wishes will be answered. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

I see they still havent fixed the tap at tunks...

shame i cant clean my big kingies that i will have on the weekend:1prop:

The tap works fine... took me a while to figure out that the handle is now located on one of the legs closest to the water. In the photo it's just not turned on. It's a pain for those who have been used to it fitted below the tap which is where it'll be on most taps! When I pulled up early on Sun morning I couldn't find it and spent a day out there without water - almost dehydrated.

Kamil - Thanks heaps for lending us your baot man... it was appreciated by all! Funny though as spending the day out there without you, I actually came back without an ear ache lol :biggrin2:

Edited by plankton

Kamil - Thanks heaps for lending us your baot man... it was appreciated by all! Funny though as spending the day out there without you, I actually came back without an ear ache lol :biggrin2:

You also came back without a Marlin, there were a few around from what i heard! :1prop:

Kamil