Jb Saturday 8/3

Sammy0884

Hi Guys,

In the quest to stay connected to a marlin, CFD and i head south after some promising mid week reports.

I think the gamefishing gods had it in for me as things were less than productive, we covered 85nm and had only a couple of striped tuna harrass the spread...

Offtap and Reel Game were fairing better with a 2/2/2 and 1/1/1 respectively, word also had it that Sunday was more productive.

Cheers

Sammy

Hi Guys,

In the quest to stay connected to a marlin, CFD and i head south after some promising mid week reports.

I think the gamefishing gods had it in for me as things were less than productive, we covered 85nm and had only a couple of striped tuna harrass the spread...

Offtap and Reel Game were fairing better with a 2/2/2 and 1/1/1 respectively, word also had it that Sunday was more productive.

Cheers

Sammy

Sam........

keep your chin up and don't get disheartened.....

just sit back and it will happen and most likely when you least expect it.....

you still have plenty of prime time marlin fishing ahead of you yet before you will need to turn your thought's to tuna......

here is a tip!!!!!!!!!!!! ......toss a gold coin in the water on ya way out and those gamefishing god's

will smile on you more favourably.......

Cheers Warnie.....

Sam........

keep your chin up and don't get disheartened.....

just sit back and it will happen and most likely when you least expect it.....

you still have plenty of prime time marlin fishing ahead of you yet before you will need to turn your thought's to tuna......

here is a tip!!!!!!!!!!!! ......toss a gold coin in the water on ya way out and those gamefishing god's

will smile on you more favourably.......

Cheers Warnie.....

Its funny you say that warnie.... the day we chucked a gold coin into Port we hooked up.. albeit for a short time....lol.....

Anth.... i'm desperate to get one, but days like saturday take their toll on the spirits and pockets of the crew and captian... i need to get chris inspired again.. he's talking about flathead now....`

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Sammy

Bad luck mate, there was a couple of fish were taken off Jb on the weelend but from what ive heard they have mostly moved down south now.

Its funny you say that warnie.... the day we chucked a gold coin into Port we hooked up.. albeit for a short time....lol.....

Anth.... i'm desperate to get one, but days like saturday take their toll on the spirits and pockets of the crew and captian... i need to get chris inspired again.. he's talking about flathead now....`

I feel your pain mate!!! ive just headed overseas for a few years and we put in some serious time on no regrets only to have cliff land one about a week after i leave!!!! :mad3:

Never mind it will happen!!!!!

Good luck mate!

Chin up Sam they are out there just a matter of time, i have been out every week pritty much and to loose a few before finaly getting one it was all worth it.

Keep it up :1fishing1: ............

cheers Clifford

Cheers Mate, i'm certainly not giving up yet...

Hey Sammy

Bad luck mate, as all the others have said I'm sure it will come.

I am enjoying reading your trials & tribulations though, as it certainly looks like you've done lots of homework, talked to all the right people & now have the gear to get into them. It will be a great read when you do hook up & share some pics / stories. Being someone who is hoping to get into game fishing alot more I look forward to the day I read your cherry has been smashed.

PS - Just a dumb question, what does the 2/2/2 etc mean? I've heard things like that said but have no clues.

PS - Just a dumb question, what does the 2/2/2 etc mean? I've heard things like that said but have no clues.

Boofhead......

The gamefish faternity use this system to denote the boats fishing proceeding's for the day whether socially fishing or in tournaments..

and only applies to the current sked were it restart's again for the next sked usually 2 hours apart

The first number refer's to strikes the second number relates to hookup's....

and the last is the result of such.....

For example if you were to have two hookup's and loose two marlin you would call then call that as 2-2-0

usually you name the species involved at the end of numbers

upon at the end of day's end you collectivelly add them up to get your total

ie.....which could read 5-5-4 the tag and release of 3 striped and 1 black marlin...

Cheers Warnie.....

hey

i was also down at jb on saterday only seen 1 marlin free jumping about 50m of the boat.We pulled live baits around for 4 hours it did not even look like happening. :05:

howdy we were also down at jb on sat we trolled all day looking for bait didnt find any, had the short corner get nailed only to pull the hooks shortly later and the witchdocter also got a touchup by something it spent the rest of the day tracking to the starboard ,did also see a free jumper goin nuts on the surface

hey NIC_NAT did you guys fish the banks or jb

would like to say thanks to marlin magic for helping us out with the marks

cheers arman

Warnie

Thank mate, I figured it was something like that, just not sure how the numbers related to hook-ups, tagged etc. Thanks, one less stupid question I have to ask Glenn Hunter next time :1prop:

He reckons he's gonna get a laminated question & answer sheet for Billfisher after we asked the same questions every other novice asked him....haha reckoned he'd just pull it out & make ya read it after the first question was asked.

Mind you, he was very accomodating & answered all our questions with heaps of info.

hey NIC_NAT did you guys fish the banks or jb

would like to say thanks to marlin magic for helping us out with the marks

cheers arman

Hey Arman

We have to call each other more often on the mobiles as I was fishing on NIC-NAT Saturday but did not hear you on the radio (94) all day. Got some Horse livies at the bait ground (Crooky) but could not find the bait schools at the canyons so we dragged plastic around for all zero's. Launched at Shoalhaven Heads and travelled down by water as we were only going for the day but stayed overnight at Henry's relatives south of Nowra and drove home early Sunday

talk to you soon

Ken

Warnie

Thank mate, I figured it was something like that, just not sure how the numbers related to hook-ups, tagged etc. Thanks, one less stupid question I have to ask Glenn Hunter next time :1prop:

He reckons he's gonna get a laminated question & answer sheet for Billfisher after we asked the same questions every other novice asked him....haha reckoned he'd just pull it out & make ya read it after the first question was asked.

Mind you, he was very accomodating & answered all our questions with heaps of info.

I guess if you don't ask you won't get to know the answer...

but there must be something more in gamefishing than meets the eye....

for i have a new young fella fishing presently with me in his first season and he's quickly gained his nickname

of "question's" ironically it started off as "Boofhead" for i kept confusing his name with some one else

who has a similar name on the boat and the questions weren't flying as thick and fast then as they are now....... :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Cheers Warnie...

Hey Arman

We have to call each other more often on the mobiles as I was fishing on NIC-NAT Saturday but did not hear you on the radio (94) all day. Got some Horse livies at the bait ground (Crooky) but could not find the bait schools at the canyons so we dragged plastic around for all zero's. Launched at Shoalhaven Heads and travelled down by water as we were only going for the day but stayed overnight at Henry's relatives south of Nowra and drove home early Sunday

talk to you soon

Ken

heyKENY thats exactly what we did ,sort of felt like fishing in sydney 22 mile plus run to the grounds and no bait ,iwas gonna apoligize to the guys down from jb for shuting down there bite but now hearing that big ken was down there, we no why the bait had moved on ,so ken you know what you gotta do ,goin apoligize for shuting there bite down lol

took reecie out today he got a 65cm blurter talk to you through the week mate

cheers arman

Bad luck Sammy, :05:

As many have said before me Stick with it, Your passion and commitment is there, it is only experience that needs building, and if you keep going out and listening to those who have some experience (C.F.D) I am sure that you will get there and you will lose your virginity like Chris has done. I am sure that Chris would have been trying his best to get you onto one with all his knowledge and broken virginity. But even those who have caught one still go through seasons without turning a reel or even seeing a marlin. But, I promise you one thing. When it does happen and you are on the end of the rod doing battle with one of these magnificence creatures and yelling at Chris to get the tag pole you will have reached complete satisfaction. :yahoo:

So until this day come just keep on trying it may not be this season but it will happen.

I’m sure Chris will be happy to tell you over and over again :biggrin2::biggrin2: just how much of a buzz it was for him to be doing battle with the fish of a life time.

Cheers

Bob

Edited by aussie big bob