Port To Jb

offtap1

Well its been a long time since ive posted been flat out chasing fish and working in between, started in Port Stephans on the 10th to the 18th, Saw the FR crew on Broadie on the Sunday, we fished the first day with Joe, Dave, Tabsy and Iain, for one late fish that won its freedom at the boat after 30minutes and to virgin angler Dave, Next day lighter crew with Tabsy back at work, better day with 2 fish hooked and fought with only one being tagged by Iain with me on rod a Full on Psycho Little Black.

post-1870-1205731518_thumb.jpg

and that was the last fish we got on our 8 days, but very unlucky after that, thanks for all the help and experience from Iain, Tabsy and Ungry.

Last week we headed to JB with Caige, Joe and Chris, still trying to break Joes Virginity on one of these beasts after dropping 4 so far, we trolled all day hooked up our first fish on a cheap Lure in Hong Kong possie, 30 minute fight had her boatside for Joe, tagged by me and traced and revived , 80kg Stripe.

Getting late in arvo for drive home to Sydney so motored away towards the heads with spread out and 4ks from the action our shotty gets nailed as we see a beakie caught up and i mean caught up in the spread, well Caige was on to fight his second fish, went hard for 40minutes before getting fish off bottom to boat before seeing it pull drag away again, by this time Caige was sore and needed a break so Chris already harnessed and eager took over and in 10 minutes had it boat side tag in i went to plier out hook when we realised the beauty had been hooked in the top of its head, no wonder it went so Hard. :074:

post-1870-1205732722_thumb.jpgpost-1870-1205732749_thumb.jpg

Last Thursday hit Port Kembla late in arvo for fish on my buddies new boat for 3 x bonnies and a couple of rat kings home in bed at midnight, Saturday out wide Sydney with Joe 11 keeper Dollies then Trolled out wide for an hour or two for no joy, back home for quick shower then down to Jb , yesterday with another mate Ray trying to break him in, hooked several Beakies ,fought 4 with one going on 15minutes a nice stripe to have hooks pull on all, action packed day but no prizes, Cant wait for next week end and some nice needed sleep, Addicted to Beakies you bet.

By the way I gave up smoking a month ago from 1 1/2 packs a day to Zero and i havent killed anyone yet came close though.

Offtap,

That was making me tired just reading it.

Well done, must strike when the beakie are hot.

After our action last sunday, we fished wide off Port Hacking yesterday with all zero's. The water temp off Sydney seems to be a bit flukey at the moment. Didn't go past 22.4C. What was the water temp difference between PS and JB???

Cheers,

Rabs

Well done dave! sounds like you guys are putting in some serious time and while you might not be boating them all at least your hooking a fair few!!!!! Well done on giving up the cigies to!!!!

offtap well done for putting in the hours mate, hope they come thick and fast ,that first shot of the black is a top shot id be getting that one blown up ,have you been getting the fish on lures down jb way and what size plastic have you been towin

cheers arman

Holy crap mate, you sure are working hard for the fish! 6000 k's strewth! :1yikes:

Congrats on the fish. I totally understand the addicted bit! :biggrin2:

We spotted you on our trip to PS from Billfisher, very nice rig. Seen all the pics here before but they don't do it justice, she looks like just the thing to hunt them beakies down in.

Oh, and congrats on the quit thing, my hats off to ya, I gave up before xmas for about 7 weeks only to have them sucker me once again. I will attempt it again soon.

PS - If you think you are a smoker, you are not, its the cigarette that smokes.......you're just the sucker on the end! :1prop:

How was the weather at JB yesterday??

i heard off a few blokes that it was blowing its tits off and the seas were a tad on the larger side???

Sunday was nice had a 1mt swell with 1/2mt chop a bit close together at some times but nice we travelled back at 5.30pm doing 25knotts the whole way

,have you been getting the fish on lures down jb way and what size plastic have you been towin

cheers arman

Mate i run the same spread everywhere 7" to 12" skirts, JB was skirts