How Much

Martin

You may or may not superise your self.

On average how much do you think you spend in a year on fishing tackle.

At an estimate I would spend about $780.00

May spend say $400 between one or two new outfits.

The rest $380, is on maintenence, stocking up the tackle box, line a couple lures and other bits and peices. This I would assume will get less as there can't be too many more rod and reel outfits I would need.

Whats scary is I spend about $510.00 on bait.

You may not want your wife to see this.

Guest Big-Banana

The costs are pretty high. But just as you think you have everything you buy a new outfit. Just like I have found with fly fishing. $880 and Iam going to buy another one soon.

Its best not to think about it :1prop: ............

At the moment on the wish list is 2 new 1000 reels, a 2500 and a 4000 ( either Biomaster, Twinpower or Luvias). Also need a couple of new 7ft bream sticks. Also a Chronarch SF wouldn't go a stray. I have 2 reels that need new Fire line.

Its just about priorites at the moment. And well you can never have enough lures :biggrin2:

Have to be between 1000 and 2000 a year. But hey can you really put a price on something that makes you so happy :1tongue:

Try that one with the missus next time :risata:

In this past year I would have spent in the vicinity of $4000! Probably a touch more.

So glad my wife doesnt read this forum! :risata::risata:

I have never really thought about what I spend on fishingtill you just asked this question. If I need it...I go buy it! Its an affliction I am fighting against...and losing! :thumbup:

Give us a number Swoffa.

27734[/snapback]

Like I said, last time I regretted posting a number. I'll leave it alone this time thanks. :hitsfan:

27744[/snapback]

Andrew, they may have given you stick, but I'm sure there are many who appreciate your passion.

There are those who spend around $7,500.00 in a year on the habit of Game Fishing covering tackle, tournament entry fees, boat contribution costs towards burley, food and drink for the day etc just as a crew member.

If fishing is what you enjoy then go for it because one day there comes the ex-girlfriend with the new title of wife, followed by children, a medical fund and school fees, two cars, a housing loan, rooms full of furniture you can't sit on, insurances, winter/summer clothing wardrobes, horse riding lessons, jewellery to buy over and above the diamond ring, 2000 pairs of shoes, braces for the children’s teeth and possibly a daughters wedding to look foreword with relatives from the in-laws that number in the thousands.

Then you wake up one morning and realise you are not dreaming all the above is true.

Then there’s the man who goes out and buys a 35 Bertram for $375,000, buys a few game out fits $6,000, a couple of flying gaffs $700, a tag pole $150, new IGFA tested lines $480 and a few $100 lures just so he can catch his first Marlin. He wakes up one morning to find he was dreaming.

Guest bluecod

Good on ya Swoffa - If you can do it, why not - no one else will do it for you! :thumbup:

I was the same and as Martin indicates priorities may change over time depending on circumstances.

Now I'm a lot older and starting to regear in readiness for retirement [which I might add won't be for quite a while yet], but its a hell of an excuse for the :wife:

Any money spent on fishing tackle is money well spent I reckon. Whether its $2 on a handline or $2000 on a game outfit doesn't really matter provided you get out on the water & enjoy yourself. Remember the fish are only a bonus. :biggrin2:

If you ever need to justify your $$$ spent on your hobby to the :wife: just head over to http://www.dragster.com.au/ and ask those guy's the same question.

a mate of mine runs a supercharged outlaw and it costs him about $3000 to go racing for a weekend.

if he wins the weekend thats about 24 seconds behind the wheel :1yikes:

and prize money isnt worth mentioning as it barely covers fuel costs.

Im hoping a daiwa sl-sh sealine for spinning the rocks upgrade from the speedmaster and a new custom rod for it and also something like a ft 4120 whith a shimano baitrunner for casting big plastics for jew/kings also bch fishing.

mmmm I'd say just over $1000 a year just on gear, got plenty more outfits i wana get but gota watch the cash this year as im goin overseas. One other thing is i despretly need to get myself a boat. The catch is I cant keep one here at home :1badmood: so i have to go and by myself a bloody house so i can keep 1. now apart from the fact that I'll need a nice cozy home to live in with my girlfriend (future wife) i really only started to seriously consider my own home when the boat problem came round...sooo im goin to class it as a fishing expense :1prop:

Thats top class aussie b :risata::risata::Funny-Post:

I very much doubt u would cop shit on this site swoff but if it makes u feel uncomfortable then don't post as bill said. While u r single and have no dependants go for your life I reckon :thumbup:

I had to submit my receipts to the insurance company this year for specified contents as my gear has got a bit out of control. In 3 years of fishing gear the receipts came to a little over $20000. This includes rods, reels, tackle, boating excessories but not including the boat. I know it is excessive but over the past couple of years money hasn't been a real issue and at least I have something to show for that money. Now with bubs I have really reduced spending to about $100 a month.

At the moment on the wish list is 2 new 1000 reels, a 2500 and a 4000 ( either Biomaster, Twinpower or Luvias). Also need a couple of new 7ft bream sticks. Also a Chronarch SF wouldn't go a stray. I have 2 reels that need new Fire line.

Jethro if u can hold out a month I will be able to help u out with some exceptional quality and well taken care of gear at my usual exceptional prices. I have 2 very high quality bream sticks that I will be getting rid of to make way for the battlers aswell as a high quality 1000 size shimano reel with fireline. I will post them in the 4 sale area on fishraider as per normal.

Jethro if u can hold out a month I will be able to help u out with some exceptional quality and well taken care of gear at my usual exceptional prices.  I have 2 very high quality bream sticks that I will be getting rid of to make way for the battlers aswell as a high quality 1000 size shimano reel with fireline.  I will post them in the 4 sale area on fishraider as per normal.

28155[/snapback]

Thanks Rick I wilkl keep an eye out for them. I am always after a good bargin :biggrin2: