Fish From The North

tailwalk

Caught this queenfish @ 115cm land based in Darwin Harbour with a lure that was given away with a magazine (not sure if it was modern fishing or the competitor) big 'ol green popper first cast after switching from a hard body diver free lure which made it even sweeter.

post-6683-1207736416_thumb.jpg

Well done Tailwalk - always good to get a hit on a lure!! :1welcomeani: to FIshraider - we all like hearing about our northern friends hooking up to barra & exciting stuff like Queenies & GT!

Cheerio

Roberta

Thanks guys for the welcome, was up there working for a few weeks. (fishing guide)

They are pretty common but all the locals think that the harbour is fished out!!!

I guess right place and right presentation always gets you home.

Was fishing 20lbs braid good fight of @ 10 min lot of structure around. (as you can see)

Cheers,

Craig

post-6683-1207790831_thumb.jpg

Welcome, Tailwalk.

But - - the problem you now have is that every catch you report from hereon has to be bigger than this one.

I think there is a ruling on this somewhere isn't there??

Cheers

Tuffy

Edited by Tuffy

Caught this queenfish @ 115cm land based in Darwin Harbour with a lure that was given away with a magazine (not sure if it was modern fishing or the competitor) big 'ol green popper first cast after switching from a hard body diver free lure which made it even sweeter.

post-6683-1207736416_thumb.jpg

what a great fish there mate, well done on the capture.

Thanks again blokes & gals

Stylo, it's off the big wharf "Stokes Wharf" you should of seen the bait fisho's pulling out the lures after this hit funny thing is i've already caught a cod and small GT

Tuffy, my first queeny so doesn't it just apply to queenfish :1prop:

anyway best :1welcomeani: to any forum i've ever posted on you guys should be proud