Another Great Session

Hodgey

Well, the weather started out as predicted ... raining, but not heavy enough to deter us from another bream session. Tried the same area we hit last week, with similar results. :thumbup: Come 11am, sun came out, wind dropped and rain vanished!

The fish were a lot better quality and there were no tailor around. My first fish for the morning was a 40cm whiting. 95% of the fish were caught over weed beds covered with less than 6"of water. :1yikes:

The majority of the fish were caught on assorted poppers (Bassday and Sure Catch), although I managed 4 good fish on a clear NW Pencil I purchased this week. Some of the larger fish hit the lure while it was stationary, but most wanted it moving. Used 6lb vanish leader for both poppers and pencils. Kept a couple of fish for my elderly neighbours. :thumbup:

Vital stats: Start-7:00am, Finish 1:30pm. 33 bream and 1 whiting. 25 bream over 30cm! (apologies for the quality of the photo)

Hodgey

post-3198-1208578802_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hodgey

Damn Hodgey you get some legendry results.

Unfortunately my Grandfather just sold the Tuross Heads caravan.

When I get there again I am either going to have to sleep in the boat or at the foot of your bed.

Look out next time you wake up.

Dave

Well done Hodgey!! Done it again! That whiting would have been a surprise. Nice looking bream, too! :)

Brought my poppers down to Sydney Town, but have stuck with blackies so far ..... weather has not been too good tho.

Cheerio

Roberta

Nicely done Hodgey. You should do a full topic describing the waters and types of locations where you are getting good fish to rise in what would be a rather limited opportunity. Recognition of spots and surroundings and awareness of conditions and perseverence like that is what separates the best tournament fishermen from the rest of the field.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: