Biggist Cod To Date

pappy

Holy Moley - that is a giant cod!! :1yikes::1yikes:

Are we allowed to ask where you caught it (within 30 km) & what on???

Where do you live? You'll be getting Raiders wanting to join you on the water :1prop:

Roberta

I bet he did tow you round a bit!! I get towed round by big blackies & flatties ..... nowhere near that big! :1yikes:

:clapping::clapping: Amazing fish mate! :1yikes:

I have seen blokes struggling to land smaller Cod from a boat, so I can only imagine the handful your fish would have been out of a yak!!!

Any info you can supply regarding tackle, lure choice, etc would be appreciated.

Hodgey

Holy Moley - that is a giant cod!! :1yikes::1yikes:

Are we allowed to ask where you caught it (within 30 km) & what on???

Where do you live? You'll be getting Raiders wanting to join you on the water :1prop:

Roberta

I bet he did tow you round a bit!! I get towed round by big blackies & flatties ..... nowhere near that big! :1yikes:

in the low end of the cudgegong river .30 lb braid largh stumpjumer lure .i did get tow a bit like 20 mins or so

I have seen blokes struggling to land smaller Cod from a boat, so I can only imagine the handful your fish would have been out of a yak!!!

Any info you can supply regarding tackle, lure choice, etc would be appreciated.

Hodgey

Tackle was nothing special 30pound braid, sure catch baitcaster, 20pound rated uglystick baitcaster, lure was large stump jumper in carp pattern, this is a lure I have caught numerus cod on and recommend it highly, cant fish tackle any heavier from a yak anyway as the fish just pulls the kayak around anyway.

Hodgey hi i have reply to you it with my reply to roberta .bit of a mix up .sorry

Pappy1 very nice cod m8, actually havnt seen a cod that big, the only murray cod ive seen have been hanging up on pub and club walls in the bush some up to 50kg. How have the carp impacted on these beasts or have they? Has the drought affected your fishing yellowbelly etc? . Pappy do you still think there are big cod to be had around?

Excellent specimen.

Fantastic Effort

Cudjegong river eh! So did you imbibe some Cudjegong special after that effort?

It would have been well deserved.

Is that their max size? Are they good eating? What's the legal size?

Spectacular, would have loved to witness it.

bloody awesome mate, well done, always wanted to catch a murray cod thats a top looking fish.

now go get a bigger one :beersmile:

by the way you said youve caught alot on that carp pattern lure and im just wondering what you reckon the average size cod is that you get into?

thanks and good luck in the future :1fishing1:

Pappy1 very nice cod m8, actually havnt seen a cod that big, the only murray cod ive seen have been hanging up on pub and club walls in the bush some up to 50kg. How have the carp impacted on these beasts or have they? Has the drought affected your fishing yellowbelly etc? . Pappy do you still think there are big cod to be had around?

Hi smokinjoe, I believe that the carp have beneifted the large murray cod as they are a plentiful food source for the cod, I have caught cod of about 1o kgs and they have had 500gram carp in their mouths. As far as yellowbelly in my area of Mudgee has had no effect on them but it has outwest. As for how many big cod are left I believe in large dams such as Burrendong and Windamere there would be, but in the rivers only pockets of large fish on properties such as I fish were the fish are released and not targeted with set lines nets drum nets. I believe all big cod should be catch and release only. regards Pappy1

bloody awesome mate, well done, always wanted to catch a murray cod thats a top looking fish.

by the way you said youve caught alot on that carp pattern lure and im just wondering what you reckon the average size cod is that you get into?

Hi, the average cod we catch in our district is 7 to 8 kilos and they have no problem swollowing a large stumpjumper.

Hi hooked up, the average size cod in my area is about 7or8 kilos and they have no trouble whatsoever taking a large stumpjumper, I like the carp pattern as carp have become a very good food source for the murray cod. Regards Pappy1

hi i have replied to u it with smokinjoe .sorry a bit mix up