Browns

offtap1

Hi guys hit browns yesterday, beautiful day out Caige and Joe as crew bottom bashed for one Blue Eye before snagging bottom and losing 600m of braid for second trip in a row. :thumbdown: Next troll around and look for some water change but didnt happen , pulled up wide and started a Cube trail 3 hours later one of the 15s goes for a run , before Joe locks up on it and the line cuts the water like a train before going deep, 30 minutes and colour, looked good definate YFT, another run the 5 minutes later a nice YFT was gaffed and dragged over side. It went 43.4kg bleed on the electronic scales at home. Biggest YFT to boat to date and PB for Joe.

post-1870-1210459093_thumb.jpgpost-1870-1210459125_thumb.jpg

post-1870-1210459150_thumb.jpgpost-1870-1210459168_thumb.jpg

cracking fish there boys ,hopefully one of many more to come and for the braid that hurts done that myself we now attach a light wind on down the working end and if it snags up break it of with the use of the engine

cheersArman

cracking fish there boys ,hopefully one of many more to come and for the braid that hurts done that myself we now attach a light wind on down the working end and if it snags up break it of with the use of the engine

cheersArman

Thanks Buddy we decided to have a breakaway 24kg mono about 3m long before rig this time but didnt help, should have given way long before 37kg braid especially due to mono knott on swivel reducing the strength at that point. Even had 15kg mono 1m long to sinker after rig

Dave

At least i am not the only one who snags at browns.

I remember the last time i saw you at browns i snaged twice 500 plus of 80lb :mad3: and 500plus of 125lb :mad3: so i know how you pocket feels. :thumbdown:

But at least you where compensated with a fin and a good one at that. :yahoo::yahoo:

cheers

bob

Edited by aussie big bob

I'm hearing the bigger Finn are finicky, but at least they are there!! We fished north of Browns on the same day, but like you couldn't find good water. Was you Tuna caught east of Browns. Heading out there again on Thurdsday - conditions look good.

I'm hearing the bigger Finn are finicky, but at least they are there!! We fished north of Browns on the same day, but like you couldn't find good water. Was you Tuna caught east of Browns. Heading out there again on Thurdsday - conditions look good.

Yep just a little Noreast

Hi guys hit browns yesterday, beautiful day out Caige and Joe as crew bottom bashed for one Blue Eye before snagging bottom and losing 600m of braid for second trip in a row. :thumbdown: Next troll around and look for some water change but didnt happen , pulled up wide and started a Cube trail 3 hours later one of the 15s goes for a run , before Joe locks up on it and the line cuts the water like a train before going deep, 30 minutes and colour, looked good definate YFT, another run the 5 minutes later a nice YFT was gaffed and dragged over side. It went 43.4kg bleed on the electronic scales at home. Biggest YFT to boat to date and PB for Joe.

post-1870-1210459093_thumb.jpgpost-1870-1210459125_thumb.jpg

post-1870-1210459150_thumb.jpgpost-1870-1210459168_thumb.jpg

Well done offtap,good start to the yft season for you,will be hard to top.It get's everybody excited seeing fish like that come over the side.Hopefully everybody has a good couple of months on the fin. :thumbup:

Offtap,

Nice way to kick off the season (the YFT) not the braid.

I hear that some consistently good YFT have already been taken down south and with the currents now pushing north your fish is a good sign. Fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Rabs

Well done Dave... we fished just off 1 mile east .. cubed for about 3 hours without turning a reel.. beatiful day out, but we did find the strip was very fast... did you have to work hard on the strip to keep you bait falling naturally, or was the water you were in a little slower?

cheers steve

(reel magic)

Well done Dave... we fished just off 1 mile east .. cubed for about 3 hours without turning a reel.. beatiful day out, but we did find the strip was very fast... did you have to work hard on the strip to keep you bait falling naturally, or was the water you were in a little slower?

cheers steve

(reel magic)

Mate had the sea anchor out back, worked well.