Nice Feed Of Blackfish

Hit the Georges today around 8am for the last few hours of the run out and the first few of the run in.

Met up with a couple of the regulars as well,Jim and John.

The fish were biting well and plenty of good sized fish amongst them as well :biggrin2:

Big thanks to stillrockin (Tom) who graciously brought some of his left over weed to my joint the other day.

Tom if you are reading this the "rock" had fish again :yahoo:

Plenty of blackies in the river atm and if you are thinking of giving a shot ? nows the time!!!!

Cheers Stewy

Only one pic of the take home catch as I was fishing solo today.

post-256-1210750240_thumb.jpg

I dont normally take any fish but for some strange reason I like the taste of fresh Blackfish :tease:

Nice catch! :thumbup:

Keen to get into the blackies this autumn/winter.. just need to find where they're holding up!

Anywhere there are rocks there are blackfish atm,go get into em.

Cheers Stewy

Nice ones, Stewy!! Seems they are really 'on the go' just now - was coming back thru Coffs Harbour today & they reckon everyone is bagging out in all the rivers south of Coffs!

Got some at Yamba last night ..... will do a fishing report asap .... just got back home late this afternoon!!! :)

Cheerio

Roberta

I'll be smoking the 5 I brought home with me! :)

Stewy,

No go on the Jewies hey?? Nice work on the Blackfish though!!!

Let you know how we go on Friday down the Georges, hopefully as well as you today.

Great weather for a bash anyway.

Cheers Jed.

Stewy,

No go on the Jewies hey?? Nice work on the Blackfish though!!!

Let you know how we go on Friday down the Georges, hopefully as well as you today.

Great weather for a bash anyway.

Cheers Jed.

You know where and how Jed :biggrin2: look forward to your first blackfish post :yahoo:

Good Luck and I hope you get a good bag of Luderick

Cheers Stewy

GOOD TO SEE YOU ON TO THE BLACKFISH STEWY. WILL BE TARGETTING THE GEORGES SOON.HOWEVER I AM HITTING THE SOUTH COAST THIS WEEKEND.MY FRIENDS AND NEIGHBOURS ARE RAIDING THE FRIDGE AS SOON AS I STOCK IT.I NEED TO REPLENISH.

CHEERS BART :1fishing1:

Hit the Georges today around 8am for the last few hours of the run out and the first few of the run in.

Great bag Stewy and Good to see you taking home some juicy fillets for a feed :thumbup:

Cheers, Rob

Guest GoFish Pete

Nice catch Stewie

We may have to organise a time and you can show me the ins and outs of Blackfishing as I have never actually targeted them but would love to learn.

Mike and I came across some nice weed the other week while we were out fishing so I could get that without a problem.

Ummm when is my next day off :wacko: ..........awesome :biggrin2: , Monday and Thursday off next week.

What do you think about one of those days ?

cheers

GoFish Pete

PS I feel a lot better now just have no voice , some people think that's a plus :074:

Nice catch Stewie

We may have to organise a time and you can show me the ins and outs of Blackfishing as I have never actually targeted them but would love to learn.

Mike and I came across some nice weed the other week while we were out fishing so I could get that without a problem.

Ummm when is my next day off :wacko: ..........awesome :biggrin2: , Monday and Thursday off next week.

What do you think about one of those days ?

cheers

GoFish Pete

PS I feel a lot better now just have no voice , some people think that's a plus :074:

We will definately get you out for a day on the Luderick, Pete :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

We ate those lovely Blackfish tonite and they were delicious :yahoo: Now I know why all those old blokes love fishing for them so much :biggrin2:

I reckon I might just do a bit more blackfishing this year :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

We ate those lovely Blackfish tonite and they were delicious :yahoo: Now I know why all those old blokes love fishing for them so much :biggrin2:

I reckon I might just do a bit more blackfishing this year :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

:05:

WELL STEWY THE REASON AS TO WHY YOU ARE HOOKED ON THE BLACK FISHING AND ENJOYING THE DELICACY IS PROOF IN YOUR POSTING.

MATE, YOU ARE CATCHING UP TO US OLD FELLA.HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT THOSE GREY HAIRS LATELY.NOW YOU ARE SHOWING YOUR CLASS. YOU HAVE TRIED THE REST,NOW STICK WITH THE BEST.

Edited by bart

I havent caught a blackfish in 10-15 years, used to go with my dad, but we used bread, used to get em in the little stream near barton park, rockdale.

Thinking of heading down to the georges this weekend, havent been fishing for about 2 months and im itching now.

Quick question, what sort of weed should i be using, and are there any spots recommended to find weed?

edit: just saw a great thread, thanks Roberta, questions answered.

Edited by Jabroni

:05:

WELL STEWY THE REASON AS TO WHY YOU ARE HOOKED ON THE BLACK FISHING AND ENJOYING THE DELICACY IS PROOF IN YOUR POSTING.

MATE, YOU ARE CATCHING UP TO US OLD FELLA.HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT THOSE GREY HAIRS LATELY.NOW YOU ARE SHOWING YOUR CLASS. YOU HAVE TRIED THE REST,NOW STICK WITH THE BEST.

Geez you are good Bart :1yikes: you can see my grey hairs in my shadow ,they must be bad :074::074:

Cheers Stewy