Plz Reply

saad

Hi,

Could anyone plz guide me to how to catch tailor as a bait for jewie and where to look for nippers as well?!?

I'm fairly new to central coast and don't have a boat so any tips regarding land based fishing especially lure fishing will be much appreciated!!

Cheers,

SAAD.

Hi,

Could anyone plz guide me to how to catch tailor as a bait for jewie and where to look for nippers as well?!?

I'm fairly new to central coast and don't have a boat so any tips regarding land based fishing especially lure fishing will be much appreciated!!

Cheers,

SAAD.

I've heard tailor are being caught at the entrance and they were getting them at swansea bridge the other night. Swansea bridge at the change of the tide you only have about half an hour before the current gets too strong. For bait pillies are good for lures use chrome lasers. I'm going top try for them off the beach myself

Edited by chocofallon

You could even try a bait jig if they are around... berley up to get them on the chew then bait the 8 or so hooks with pillies or squid and you might get lucky...berley is the key to get them... a mixture of pillies & bread usually works for me.

Marty

That would work, we've picked them up when trying to catch yakkas and slimies. They bend some poorer quality hooks though in the smaller sizes. If you want to just get tailor and not yakkas/slimies which you'd probably find in the trail then maybe use a slighlty larger hook and bait so it doesn't instantly get demolished.

Josh

Hi,

Cheers,

SAAD.

Hi Saad

if u had a boat I could put you to some good spots but with no boat all I can do is suggest you try these spots

for nippers try the sand flats on low tide at empire bay , hardys bay ettalong or st huberts island go for a drive to these spots at low tide and look for guys pumping

for tailor burley up with bread and a small amount of tuna oil soaked into the bread at wagstaff jetty ettalong or half tide rocks if u dont mind a walk

Arked