Kayak Fishing

marus8504

Hi i am becomeing more and more intrested in buying a kayak for fishing but am not sure what to look for, can anyine help as i know a few of you own kayak.

i would like one kitted out with fish finder and a electric motor. what are the good brands and how much will i be looking to spend

thanks

Hi i am becomeing more and more intrested in buying a kayak for fishing but am not sure what to look for, can anyine help as i know a few of you own kayak.

i would like one kitted out with fish finder and a electric motor. what are the good brands and how much will i be looking to spend

thanks

I believe the site sponsors sell them.

Perhaps you should send them a PM

Cheers

thanks

Hey mate ,

Don't think you can go past the Wavedance Kingfisher, electric motor may be a problem but value for money the Kingfisher is second to none.

Have a look at the website, think about what sought of water you want to fish then maybe you can make your decision.

Money no object its no decision at all - Hobie, depends how much you want to spend?

Cheers

Damo

Hi Mark

Viking have one with an electric motor option. Any yak can have a fishfinder put on it (mine has) some even have downriggers!

Try a Hobie Mirage yak before you decide - the ones with leccies weigh a ton! The Hobies are pedal yaks (with a paddle if required) & terrific if you intend to fish & yak at the same time. I was peddling down the channel the other day, eating my pizza lunch & drinking (virtually) all at the same time - difficult to do when in a paddle yak! :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Heaps of folks have asked a similar question, including sit ins or sit ons (both can have leccies added) ...... do a search of the forum on kayaks & I am sure you will get a variety of suggestions!~!

thanks guys for your help

Wavedancers are great me and the mrs bought one each

I have a finder on mine along with anchor, nav lights, paddle hold, lure retriever and 3 rod holders.

If you ring wild water psorts in Putney and speak with Jen she can arrange a demo paddle.

they were great to deal with.

cheers

Jamie

Hey guys,

My mate fishes from a Freedom Hawk 4 Kayak. Not only can he fish but can stand and cast 360degress around the yak.

He has found it awesome for lake, and inshore closed waters. Love's it!!

It has two removeable outriggers at the rear that open out to give the yak complete stability. Being able to remove them made it easier for him to transport it.

He said he bought it from Flybridge. They have some info on them at there website. www.flybridge.com.au if your interested.