Flatty's @ Brighton-le-sands

Woke up this morning and just had a itch to go fishing :1fishing1: havent had much luck lately.

Told the :wife: lets go for a quickie (no its not what your thinking of)

Last week I bought a new Flueger 6'6" Soft Plastic rod from my local tackle store equiped with a Shimano 1000 FB. My first Soft Plastic outfit. :thumbup:

Using 4lb fireline 4lb with 12Lb Seaguar flourocarbon leader connected to Squidgies Pro Range Sp's (color:LAVA) :thumbup:

Anyway checked the tides and it was high tide at 11am, alright decided the location should be brighton-le-sands as there was reports of Flathead taken from there. arrived at about 10:45ish. :thumbup:

was working my way up the breakwall there making sure im covering every area. 10 mins later I scored a healthy 35cm, and released to get some more weight on :thumbup: worked my way up the break wall almost half way to the end where the water is about 1.5 meters deep and I scored a decent 45 cm flatty which went into my bucket for dinner. 1 hour later I reached almost the end of the break wall and the water would have almost been 2 meter deep and then I get a nice jerk on my rod. uh! this one feels a lot better. A lot of thrashing about. landed it. and it turns out to be my personal best 56cms :thumbup: spent another 20 mins and then went home.

post-6570-1211621940_thumb.jpg

post-6570-1211622377_thumb.jpg

post-6570-1211622393_thumb.jpg

Edited by katsuo

well done katsuo :thumbup:

gotta be happy with those results..

those groynes and surrounds hold good fish most times and im sure youll be back for more...

just be careful holding a flatty like that as they have a bad habit of shaking there head whenever a fisho is within coo-ee of those spikes on back of head....

cheers....steve......

Edited by roosterman

Katsuo congratulations on catching flathead on sp/s :thumbup:

Flathead are one of the better table fish, but if my wife cooked one up according to that overseas Seriola and Kingfish recipe, I probably wouldn't have any symptoms until I attempted to breathe. :D

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

just be careful holding a flatty like that as they have a bad habit of shaking there head whenever a fisho is within coo-ee of those spikes on back of head....

Thanks Roosterman! thanks for the warning, thats why i used a towel to handle them. slippery buggers to hold arnt they. Cheers. :biggrin2:

that looks like so much fun im gonna try it! hey just wondering if you waded and how far did u go in the water?

Hi Spirit_Fall, I didnt wade at all, I fished off the break walls there and all the hook ups were almost 7 meters in front of me. I just slowly retrieved the plastic so its working the bottom surface. standing at one point and casting at different angles, then moving up 2 meters until i reached the end of the break wall. Good luck! :thumbup:

Thank you to all for your comments! :thumbup:

Cheers,

Katsuo

• 2 weeks later...