Clifton Gardens 26.5.08

Braidbuster

They let me out early today,so off I trot for a quick fish. Only took a loaf of bread as bait,just as the fish were starting to fire a Black Labrador snuck up behine me and ATE THE ENTIRE LOAF!

I was so depressed I nearly had to seek help from .......

Anyway although my session was ended early it was a productive one,see pics to follow.The Blackie was 37,bream 32cms. I lost what felt like a nice Trev through pulled hooks and dropped a 35-40cm bream on the surface as I had no net. :(

I was using 3lb flouro line and this was why I did so well.The rod in the pic cost less than $20,a perfect match for thin line and the soft tip of the Ugly Stik is a necessary shock absorber for this style of fishing :1fishing1:

A word of caution here as the steps at the wharf have been fenced off by barricades,this means that if you are lucky enough to hook a big fish you will need to have a good landing net. :thumbup:

A warning for Roberta,before you go any further,these pictures are pretty graphic (Unlike the 'artistic' ,"Yeah Baby Yeah",pics).So you my want to look away........ :1yikes:

post-6089-1211790088_thumb.jpg

Edited by swordfisherman

That’s an amazing coincidence Braidbuster, because my black Labrador came home last night and wouldn’t touch his dinner. He must have already eaten! On top of that he was covered in crumbs. :1prop:

Seriously though, great report Braidbuster.

Nice fish too, especially that fat blackie. Well done! :thumbup:

Also, did you say it was a $20 Ugly stick???

Cheers

Peter

:074: omg that made me laugh. I was seriously expecting something like "stray blackdog terrorising the area!!!". well i guess it did terrorise, terrorised the loaf of bred! lol

I could just imagine, having a good fishing session, then all of a sudden no bait! lol what can you do!

thanks for the laugh. :yahoo:

Well done Braid Buster!! Top looking fish - shame you couldn't get a pic of the dog! :) :)

That rod was the BARGAIN of the YEAR!! :1yikes: Specially new!! I thought you'd been scrounging the junk shops or garage sales, like me! :biggrin2: It'll bend in half with a fish on it!

Did you get it in without a net on that line??? Well done

Roberta

I did indeed Roberta ! And thats why I dropped a bigger bream & trev :1prop: silly me ,and I HAD a net in the car ! I had a rod the same as this before. It was a motza to hook the biggest fish in the place,called it the mighty-giant.Kings/Sambos loved to play me like a violin string on that rod,but I had it stolen so I know how you feel about your bad luck :1badmood: